Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #1 
AmorTiogar
New Member
 
AmorTiogar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Cool Blue Dragon Mustard Gas HM

12/20/2013

Introduced the pair today and released the female. Also, they are not siblings.
http://youtu.be/I0u5Sk7SI04

Here's the male (Frostbite):


Here's the female (Esmerelda):


Here's my setup:

Last edited by AmorTiogar; 12-20-2013 at 11:25 PM.
AmorTiogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #2 
hmburkle
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
They look like a good match to me.
hmburkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #3 
ynahanson
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Very beautiful
ynahanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #4 
valen1014
Member
 
valen1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Great looking pair! Best of luck

Did you de-rim that tank yourself? It looks awesome.
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Technically they aren't mustard gas but they are beautiful bicolors! I can't wait to see the fry! Good luck and the setup looks awesome as well!!!

lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #6 
PetMania
Member
 
PetMania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Beautiful fish!
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #7 
AmorTiogar
New Member
 
AmorTiogar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by valen1014 View Post
Great looking pair! Best of luck

Did you de-rim that tank yourself? It looks awesome.
Thanks! Yes I did, I chipped off a small corner while doing so. Luckily it was fixable.
AmorTiogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #8 
AmorTiogar
New Member
 
AmorTiogar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Technically they aren't mustard gas but they are beautiful bicolors! I can't wait to see the fry! Good luck and the setup looks awesome as well!!!

Thank you! What technically is a mustard gas?
AmorTiogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorTiogar View Post
Thank you! What technically is a mustard gas?
It is a form of bicolor so they are very close but to be a "true" mustard gas they need to have a black or blue butterfly band all the way around their fins is all. They are so close but without the band they technically aren't true is all. Of course all the AquaBid and Ebay seller's are like! It's got yellow! That means it's a mustard gas!!! lol when really it's not >.< I've seen a yellow pineapple (black edged scales) being labeled as a MG and I died a little on the inside haha. But all is well! They are still gorgeous fish and maybe I'll get a little boy from you if the timing is right and they spawn well!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #10 
AmorTiogar
New Member
 
AmorTiogar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
It is a form of bicolor so they are very close but to be a "true" mustard gas they need to have a black or blue butterfly band all the way around their fins is all. They are so close but without the band they technically aren't true is all. Of course all the AquaBid and Ebay seller's are like! It's got yellow! That means it's a mustard gas!!! lol when really it's not >.< I've seen a yellow pineapple (black edged scales) being labeled as a MG and I died a little on the inside haha. But all is well! They are still gorgeous fish and maybe I'll get a little boy from you if the timing is right and they spawn well!
I'm fairly new to this, so I had no idea. Good to know! My female has a very thin line of black running around the edge of her fins, and her siblings have a more pronounced line (you can see in the background of the female picture). My male however doesn't have it at all, so we'll see if any of the fry do.

Yeah the naming on aquabid is pretty comical. My male was marked as "BLUE/YELLOW MACAW BETTA". I hope the spawn goes well, and I'd most likely have them ready by March or so.
AmorTiogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blue, halfmoon, mustard, mustard gas, yellow

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mustard Gas HM x blue/green HM fishgeek Betta Spawn Logs 21 02-25-2014 08:23 PM
Blue Marble x Mustard Gas Mo Betta Spawn Logs 38 09-10-2012 10:34 PM
Spawn Log: Marble Dragon x Mustard Gas AFishTale Breeding Betta Fish 31 04-22-2012 04:24 PM
Dragon mustard gas halfmoon styggian Betta Pictures 18 03-28-2012 08:39 AM
Mustard gas dragon HM Amphibianite Betta Pictures 7 03-08-2012 02:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.