Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #1 
Kim

Fin biting on fast day?

So Victor bit his tail the other day.....his beautiful tail that had JUST grown back after my water issues damaged it. I'm so mad about it ......I especially loved his tail and now it's going to take months to get back to normal. Anyway, I'm just wondering if any of your bettas have bitten their tails on fast day. I always cheat a bit and give them a pellet in the morning then their daphnia in the afternoon, so it's not like they're starving . But this has happened before with Victor, and the only time he has ever bitten is on fast day (or if I put him in a small container for any reason but that was obviously not the case).

Also, right after I noticed Victor's tail (and was pretty sad about it) I went to feed Peanut and she jumped right out of her tank and landed on the lip of my stand at the floor! I have NEVER EVER had a fish jump out of a tank before so I was pretty shocked, but luckily she landed on the wood which is cleaner than the carpet, and when I put my hand next to her she jumped right onto it and I was able to get her back into the tank quickly. The good thing is that she is absolutely fine and she even finished her meal after she hid for a few seconds, but I felt so bad .

Needless to say it was a bad day, so I joked around and told my mom that I thought the apocalypse was happening in my room......then I had a dream about the world ending that night lol!
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote