Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #11 
Jupiter

I think your tank looks great as is-not childish at all.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #12 
ChristinaRoss

youve done a great job
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #13 
Elaina

What's wrong with it?? I think it looks great!
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #14 
doggyhog

I think it looks AWESOME!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #15 
bettabeauty

Oh wow, thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like it! I just, I dunno. Something about it just isn't sitting righ with me. I'm thinking maybe I should have rocks OR seashells but not both, or maybe add more plants. Oh well, with the holidays coming, I probably won't have that much time to think about it anyway!
bettabeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #16 
kittytango

I really like the live plants, those always make things look nice, you can also try some nice house plants next to it to tie it together and smooth out the sharp lines of your tank.

But it doesn't look bad at all.
kittytango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #17 
Elaina

That one on the left has a great looking bubblenest too
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #18 
TigerLily

I find that adding a background can make the tank look more "put together" since that way your wires, filter box, etc, can be neatly hidden. My betta flares at the shiny printed backgrounds they sell in the pet stores, so I picked up some non-reflective spray paint and used an old piece of cardboard to make my own.

I chose a textured sandy/rocky patio paint in a similar color to my sand. It blends so well! With all of the different paints available, you could easily make a unique and affordable background to give your aquarium that extra something.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #19 
Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
I find that adding a background can make the tank look more "put together" since that way your wires, filter box, etc, can be neatly hidden. My betta flares at the shiny printed backgrounds they sell in the pet stores, so I picked up some non-reflective spray paint and used an old piece of cardboard to make my own.
That's a cool idea. I had the same problem with my Betta flaring at the shiny backgrounds from the store. I'll have to try this.

Bettabeauty, I hope that you do not think that everyone is complementing your tank just to be polite. It really is that nice! It has a "Nano Reef" appeal that I've rarely seen in a Betta tank. I know how it is to not be as impressed with your own creation as others are, but I would leave it just the way it is. It is well balanced. Anything more or less would wreck it in my opinion.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #20 
AlexXx

To be honesty i love your tank! Its great! Not to mention your gorgeous fish! that blue one is so handsome!

Only thing i can say is maybe try to get a taller growing bushier plant? Also maybe remove the sea shells, bettas dont live in salt water, so that may be throwing off the vibes....

I guess a background might work... but i have no experience with them, if you just get a nice bushy plant and let it grow in the background, you get a two for one! nice live plant and a great background :D

Also maybe try picking a theme?

I have some oriental type pagoda towers in my tank, i love asian history and art so i figured it be a good theme to do on my first tank :D

I just planted a Water Wisteria and it is supposed grow nice and bushy, so once that is almost to the surface i will remove the fake lily plant.

Moss Balls give a bit of zing too!

Maybe you can get some ideas from that :D

Hope we all helped!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote