Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #1 
Gfh

An Experiment Ill try to do

Ok so i've been trying to talk my dad into buing a fish bowl from petsmart with a divider. We miight get one tomorrow but not likely.

My experiment is to try and have two male bettas live together by first having them use to eachother then slowly introducing them for a few minutes at a time and the moment i see aggressiong ill net one up and wait for a couple of days then try again.

Any comments/Questions

~Zoo Maniac
Gfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bettas are solitary fish and it's not their nature to live together. They are also very territorial. They can live side by side in a divided tank but having them live together in a tank that is not divided is a disaster waiting to happen.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #3 
Gfh

yeah ive resaerched about that im only going to do this when im watching if i do it. I probaly wont but may. lol

sorry if i sound rude.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, no, you didn't sound rude at all. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #5 
doggyhog

Yikes. Not to sound rude at all, but that is a terrible idea. :O

Don't do it!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #6 
ninjafish

Yeah, I wouldn't try that, personally.. I think that if these fish could be trained or bred to live together, that it would have already been done.
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #7 
Gfh

I should have changed the title to might though lol. I probaly wont do it anymore from all of your comments. lol Btw if i sound young i am im only 11
Old 11-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #8 
Jupiter

That's a bad idea, as already mentioned. Also, fishbowls usually aren't big enough for oe betta, much less two.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #9 
Elaina

Not really a good idea...
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #10 
AlexXx

Anything is possible!

Ive got a buddy that has 2 males and a female living together in a 10 gal..... its been months and not even a tail nip. I know this is unorthodox and ive tried to get him to seperate them... yet he lets it happen. Whatever... the see to be happy.

Then i have my little brother. Ive told you his ways before on here. Hes got a male and a female living together also in his 10 gal, with a plethora of other fish. No damage yet either! and his hm is so pretty!

I know this information is false but, i went into a pet store yesterday. Met the guy working in the fish dep. and he was pretty cool. But then we started talking about betta. He apparently has 30+ and 12 tanks, he is well overly addicted like most of us on this webiste :) haha. We were both joking about staying away from the fish section! haha. Alright Anywho, he then began to share his set ups with me.... saying you can house females together with males if you have at least 3-4 females together with that one male... i was like wth? I argued... he kept on disagreeing... cuz i guess hes got 3 females and a male living in a 5 gal eclipse... lol.... Then he said hes gunna start breeding..... He says all ya gotta do it let the male sit in a breeder box or cup for a bit, day or 2, the you release him and the female and him will do work.... I couldnt believe that, after that i was like alright ima cya later.... i asked when the betta deliverers were and peaced. I couldnt believe the info he was giving me i feel so bad for their other costumers.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-14-2009 at 01:30 PM.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote