Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #1 
paxt0n

Talking My new tank

I finally picked up the 10-gallon setup at Petco tonight! Of course, I couldn't just get the essentials and leave. I ended up getting an air pump, bubble bar, aquarium shelf (a shelf that goes inside the aquarium), several plants and a master test kit.

I have already stayed up past my bedtime setting everything up, so I'll take pictures later. I have some rearranging to do, anyway. Of course, the last thing I did was attempt to put the lighted hood on the aquarium, only to find out that the manufacturer seems to think that they need to decide on which side of the tank the filter and heater are placed. There is one small cut-out and one large cut-out. Of course, they are on the opposite sides from where I put my heater and filter. So, now I have to move everything around..

The "instructions" that came with the setup said to wait a couple of days before adding fish, in order for the filter to clean the water and "get itself ready". So, I've decided to air on the side of caution, and not put my betta in the tank yet. I'll wait a couple of days.

I put his current container up against the 10-gallon and he is definitely interested in getting in there.

More later...
paxt0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:33 AM   #2 
Mecal

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxt0n View Post
So, I've decided to air on the side of caution
its "err"

anyhoo, looking forward to pictures
Mecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 AM   #3 
paxt0n

Red face

LOL. That it is. I must have been thinking air, from watching all the bubbles in my tank.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:55 AM   #4 
sandystar

TEHE! I just got a 10 gal tank as well!
Wooo Petco.
sandystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #5 
paxt0n

Lightbulb

I think I might actually take a video and ask what you think about the amount of movement in the tank. I understand that Bettas like calm water, but with the filter and bubble bar going, there is quite a bit of movement.

Check back tonight, after 5 PST.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #6 
ChristinaRoss

well it sounds like you are really trying hard to provide a great home for him, post a video, wed love to see it!

i cant stand how they do the cutouts on the hoods either, drives me crazy, maybe i WANT to put my filter on the RIGHT! LOLOL
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #7 
paxt0n

Arrow

Good morning.

I posted a link to my video, and a new problem, in a new thread:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....052#post275052

Let me know what you think.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #8 
bettatoon

hello, i just got a 10 gallon too, I think was the same tank kit as you guys, from petco, with a divider and two male bettas, but after a week water is already (vanish = boil off)from the tank almos a gallon, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY? thanks, you guys are awesome!!!!!!

Last edited by bettatoon; 11-23-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: complement
bettatoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #9 
vaygirl

I lose about a gallon a week in my tank (16g). You can just replace it when you do a water change. Evaporation? My house is like the sahara desert, so I don't know where all that water really goes.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #10 
paxt0n

Wink

I'm assuming you both have covers on your tanks? I know they are supposed to prevent a lot of the evaporation.

I haven't noticed a lot missing, but I just drained about 1/4 of my tank last night, trying to vacuum the gravel for the first time.