Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #1 
angie08

Question fish isn't eating right... something has to be wrong!

okay so My Betta, Sonic hasn't been eating. All last week the most he had was about 2 pellets. He will get excited when I feed him like usual, but then chews it some.. and spits it out. I just cleaned his tank yesterday and nothing changed except I added new rocks that I washed thoroughly. He still isn't taking any pellets of food. He seems quite happy, still swimming around a lot, but his fins aren't as open as usual. They aren't closed or completely open. Also I've noticed his color has faded and he looks pale. He got more color back when i cleaned his tank. But still pale, kinda white behind his gills.. but pale. I'm not sure what this could be.. or affecting his eating.. ?? ? I don't think its a fungus, nothing is hanging off of him. Please help, and give me your opinion.. Thanks :]

angie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #2 
angie08

please someone.. could you give your opinion?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:55 PM   #3 
nochoramet

I really have no idea...if I did I would tell you but... I'm no expert.
:[ I'm sorry
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #4 
charliehasacola

What are the temperatures and water params?
How old is he?
Can you get a photo of his gills and a before and after shot of his color faded?
Also, provide a photograph of his whole tank if possible.
How large is his tank and are there any other inhabitants?
charliehasacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #5 
JaspersANGEL

the first thing i'd do is get a heater and a bigger tank with a hood light, sounds to me like he's cold.
but then again im no expert :( im sorry, i hope everything turns out okay for the little guy
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #6 
angie08

I'm not sure what the water temperature is. ..He isn't very old he was small when i got him in the end of summer.
I will try and put some pics up in my album I already have.. he is up like he used to look like. I will take some tonight and put them up.. I hope you can help. He possibly could be congested or have Ick is what I think.. I don't know what to do to help him.. :/
I believe his tank is a half gallon and he lives by himself
Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #7 
sandystar

I would get a bigger tank and a heater. Its getting cold now in most places and I know with my guy Kristoph if it isnt a least 76 degrees F he isn't very active. If you cant get a heater try a light next to the tank to warm it up. Bettas shouldn't be in direct sunlight, and idk about light from a bulb, but the lamp I use has a red inside black outside shade that casts a red glow.
A thin cloth or shirt over the lamp shade should change the color, just be careful. Fire hazard.

Have you tried different food? Like flakes, blood worms, brine shrimp...etc.

I hope this helps and your guy starts eating again soon.
sandystar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not eating, sick