Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #11 
Umineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
Yes, just dose it for your QT tank size. Isn't your tank already 1.5 g? How big is the QT tank? Most QT tanks are between .5 g - 3g.
My QT tank is a 1G unfiltered bowl. His normal tank is filtered an all that jazz. I already put him in without the heater. We don't seem to be having a cold snap as of yet. If I see it coming then I will put it in.
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #12 
NeptunesMom

Make sure the tank does stay above 76. Being cold can slow down the metabolism, and add to the swelling he is experiencing. To be honest, I don't think it is bloating. Lets see if the ES helps him, if not we may have to look into possible antibiotics.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #13 
Umineko

Quote:
Make sure the tank does stay above 76. Being cold can slow down the metabolism, and add to the swelling he is experiencing. To be honest, I don't think it is bloating. Lets see if the ES helps him, if not we may have to look into possible antibiotics.
Alrighty.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #14 
TheOnlyCanvas

I agree with NeptunesMom. Try the epsom, see if it helps, but definitely keep him warm too. It'll help him heal.
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #15 
Umineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyCanvas View Post
I agree with NeptunesMom. Try the epsom, see if it helps, but definitely keep him warm too. It'll help him heal.
Well I placed him in the 1tsp last night an so far no improvements. Should I bump it when I change him tonight?
Old 12-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #16 
Umineko

Was also doing some looking around, maybe I should order some API General Cure?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #17 
NeptunesMom

Besides the bloating, he's acting normal right?

The max dosage for ES is 3 tsp per g. You could try a max dosage and see if there is any improvement.

If you don't already have it, I would order API General Cure. I would recommend stocking up on several drugs, because you never know when your fish will get sick. I have API Furan 2, API General Cure, API Tetracycline, Maracyn I, Maracyn II and Seachem's Kanaplex always on hand.

Last edited by NeptunesMom; 12-29-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #18 
Umineko

Quote:
Besides the bloating, he's acting normal right?

The max dosage for ES is 3 tsp per g. You could try a max dosage and see if there is any improvement.

If you don't already have it, I would order API General Cure. I would recommend stocking up on several drugs, because you never know when your fish will get sick. I have API Furan 2, API General Cure, API Tetracycline, Maracyn I, Maracyn II and Seachem's Kanaplex always on hand.
Yeah pretty much so. He is a little bit lethargic but I think that is cause of the belly. He was fighting me when I was trying to change him tonight. Also put in the heater. Tried to feed him earlier but he didn't eat. Maybe try again later.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #19 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umineko View Post
Yeah pretty much so. He is a little bit lethargic but I think that is cause of the belly. He was fighting me when I was trying to change him tonight. Also put in the heater. Tried to feed him earlier but he didn't eat. Maybe try again later.
I would keep the fast going. You've been fasting him right?

Also, have you ever fed him live foods?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #20 
Umineko

Quote:
I would keep the fast going. You've been fasting him right?
Yeah. I just wanted to try an feed him a pellet earlier also to see if I could actually see him poop to see if it was white or normal still.

Thing with the General Cure is it is a tad expensive. I don't want to order it then it turn out I need something else instead you know?

Tags
bloat, swim bladder disorder