Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #11 
MidnightAngel

A lil over 3 years ago I was wandering through walmart, and drawn by my love of animals, went to check out this fish... Found this beautiful deep blue vt male with some red on him...pitied him and his condition, and bought him on the spot...Kept him for a year until I left for the military....Its been two years and I'm finally at a permanent location and when learning the rules of the baracks here, I was delighted to learn that for the first time I could have fish!! So that evening I went out and got myself a new betta! And since that day, 3 weeks ago, I've grown to 11 bettas :)
MidnightAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #12 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I casually mentioned to my bf that I had a fw tank years and years ago and that one day I would like another when we had the room for it. We live in a duplex with my aunt and uncle next door and last Christmas eve. I was told to stay next door (where we spend every Christmas anyway) bc he had to get my "surprise" ready.
When I came back over to our side, there was a lit 45 gal. hex sitting in the middle of the dark living room with gravel, decorations etc....

So after many trips to the lfs and Petco for supplies, I fell in love with the bettas. It killed me to see them in the little death cups and I figured that since I was going to care for one tank, I might as well care for multiple tanks and rescue some of the lil. guys.

So I'm currently up to 5 betta tanks and the only reason I don't have more is that I am completely out of room and electrical outlets. I could never keep bettas in unheated tanks bc the winters here are very cold.

We're looking to build a new house soon and one of my criteria is that I have to have a finished basement or family room on the lower level for more tanks.

So I'm not done yet. I'm just on hold.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #13 
JaspersANGEL

I always loved animals, I had cats and dogs but they were not really mine mine u know, I had cats at my dads, a cat at my moms when i was a baby, a dog that i love at my neigbours...
but now i really want a dog but i can't have one just now, being still at my mom's and stuff...so..
i just snapped one day, tired of being alone and lonely (i had a rough past, and my bf of 3 years took off on me) so i went out and bought my first boy Jasper. We take care of each other, me with his fin rot (and other little problems) and him with my loneliness.
We've been together 3 months now and i'll keep on saving betta's because of him.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #14 
ninjafish

Mine's a little complicated and long, heh..

My parents divorced when I was 7, and I've moved 3 times, but we've always had animals in the house in one form or another. When my parents were still together, my first "real" pet responsibility came in the form of a 10 gallon tank that I got for Christmas. I kept fish for almost 3 years until they all died around the time my parents got divorced, but my dad kept the tank.

Far forward...11 years. Last March, there was a raffle at my college's annual Masquerade ball, and they had 7 bettas up for raffle. I figured I wouldn't mind supporting the school while possibly winning a fish, so I bought several tickets and ended up winning one. A friend of mine from out of state also won a betta, but she accidentally forgot hers when she left, and so I told her I would take care of her fish until she was able to visit again. When my betta became ill, I found this site for answers and realized that betta keeping is actually a hobby, and then I got into it too, 10 bettas later. :)
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #15 
Little Veiltail

Well, I've always loved fish, but haven't had any since I was a kid, and my dad mostly took care of those.

Then at college this year I was in my friend's room, and noticed the most adorable betta curiously watching me. I fell in love with Speedbump, but obviously I couldn't have him, as he belongs to my friend's roommate.

As I thought about it more, I realized that every pet I've ever owned has had my parents partially take part in caring for the animal, and never had I had the full responsibility of caring for a pet. Maybe it's just me trying to prove to the world that I can do this by myself, or the desire to brighten up the dreary dorm life. Maybe I just need something to get my mind off of all the stress that college puts on me, or someone to talk to who listens well and doesn't mind the company.

Whatever the reason, I felt like I really needed Sir Ellis (as I affectionately call him), and so far I don't regret it. He's doing well for the few days I've had him, which is good, because a superstitious person like me is always a bit nervous getting a pet on Friday the 13th. XD
Little Veiltail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #16 
Rain Drop

I've always loved animals right from the start. I've had lots of pets in the past, and presently a dog and two cats back in my hometown that my dad cares for. My three himmy cats that I truly own are living with me.

When I moved out of town this summer I didn't get to bring my three cats with me right away. I was impatient and I missed them. So I often visited the pet store in a nearby mall. That's where I saw the bettas! I've always kinda wanted some sort of fish since I was young, but I wasn't allowed....But hey, I was on my own now, I could do whatever I wanted! So I finally purchased my first fish, Caesar. I must say though, he was more of an impulse buy at the time but I don't regret in the slightest. A few weeks went by and I got my three fluffy babies but I still kinda wanted another betta. I found this site in the process of my betta researching and I became a part of the addiction x3

Now I'm up to three, but now I have to stop. Even though I'd love more, I don't have the time or money to care for any more pets.
It's okay though because I like things in sets of three xD
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #17 
Bettabubble3

When i was little. I had a goldfish. I wanted it so badly so i got it. it was a big one in matter of fact. So at school i got a bunch of fish here and there so i was like yeaaa i like fish. So then i went to a pet store and there was a blu and white Vt betta i was like awww he was so cute and looked at me like BUY ME!! so i said im gonna get this one then the person i said said y not this one? Its cooler. I was stupid and got it. It barely even moved!! it was just a boring betta. Never really moved. I still regret till this day i should of got that bettta. I think today still. Where is he? Alive? Dead? Ill never know though. :(
Bettabubble3 is offline   Reply With Quote