Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 AM   #11 
eatmice2010

Welcome to the forum and you have a beautiful DT.
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #12 
NikiD

Hi! I am having so much fun! The kids love the fish and so do I.

Gilly has gotten to where he will swim on his own into his cup when it's wc time. It's amazing how quickly they learn! He's definitely a laid-back sort of fishy. He's a slow eater and doesn't care to flare at his reflection except occasionally. When I'm in front of his tank he comes out and says hi, and is content to rest on one of his silk leaves towards the top of the tank (conveniently located above the heater).

Squishy is his polar opposite. He's in a 20g by himself and is super energetic. He glass surfs when we stop to say hi, he has a giant bubble nest built in the corner, and he flares at me if he thinks I didn't feed him enough lol. He is a flaring fool... Even a suggestion of a reflection has him posing.

I've def been bitten by the betta bug. I have been on this forum so much my dh is starting to get annoyed. I haven't told him yet that I got a killer deal on a 5g Penn Plax Radius and I will be setting it up as a npt next weekend lol. I'm so excited to have found a new hobby!

Anyway, I'm glad to 'meet' all of you and am looking forward to learning much more!

Last edited by NikiD; 01-08-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Autocorrect sucks
NikiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #13 
NikiD

Oh, and Kali... it is a pineapple under the Sea! Lol. My youngest daughter HAD to have a Spongebob house for her fishy
Old 01-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #14 
BatsCadet

I am looking into the radius 5. Where did you get your "killer deal"? ;) I want to get 2 of them and I'm looking for the best price to break the news to my husband that we will be adding 2 more tanks the the 4 we already have :)
BatsCadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #15 
NikiD

Lol, I got it at Petco, it was 25% off, I had a 20% additional discount and $15 in rewards credit...it came out to about $30 when all was said and done. If you join the Petco rewards program they will give you a 20% off coupon.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:07 AM   #16 
BatsCadet

What an awesome deal. I need to look into that. Thanks! They have the best price on it right now so I may pick it up. Have you set it up yet? I am really worried about the flow of the filter. I have a evolve 2 right now (lucky it was free) :) the pump is too strong. After 30 min my poor Grumpy had torn fins :( my husband rigged up a regulator but now the flow is almost non existent. I would really appreciate any feedback, tips, or info you would be willing to provide. By the way, your boys are beautiful!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #17 
NikiD

I haven't gotten it yet, I ordered it online last week. I'm hoping to get it later this week and I will keep you updated
Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #18 
BatsCadet

That would be great! Thanks again :)