Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Thumbs up Good day!

During my break today (which was expanded because one class was optional and the other after was cancelled), I decided to take a trip to a Walmart that i hadn't been to before. It's quite a ways from my school, about an hour and a half.

When I got there, I saw they had Micheal's too! So I went in and looked for plants. It was pretty good! They had long grass-type plants that were only 69 cents each! I got 5 of those, and I grabbed two other plants. So for the price of about 2 silk plants at Petsmart, I ended up getting 7 plants.

Then i went to the Walmart. The ones i had been to didn't sell fish, but I had a gut feeing that this one would. I was right!
The bettas actually weren't too bad...considering. The cups were pretty big for the males, and not too dirty. The females' cups weren't very good, though. The females all looked like sisters, about 5 that were the same size and colour (sort of violet). There was also a Cambodian and an adorable little green girl that I picked up right away! She's about the same size as Bambi, and her green is more turquoise compared to Gloria. Then i saw her sister in a cup behind her. I didn't have the heart to only pick one, so I picked up both of the girls!

And in the decor section, I found a very cool Incan type statue and a T-Rex skull (that one will be going in Renard's tank!), so against my better judgement I boguht those as well...

So today was a good day for my fish! I'll be redecorating the sorority after dinner. i'm thinking of smashing the clay pots a little, they've been bugging me.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats on the new fish and decor!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #3 
New2Betas

Can wait to see pictures!
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #4 
Jupiter

Thanks! They are even tinier than Bambi! Just slightly, but it makes me kinda happy as a fish mom that my little girl Bambi is growing up. :')

I've decided to name them Circe (another Greek name...lmao) and Lani. But I can't really tell them apart from each other! One has a little nip in her fin, though I guess in a few days both will have them...

They are loving their new home, though. Currently enthralled with the heater, just like Bambi and Lolita when I first got them. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #5 
doggyhog

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I wanna see pics soon. :D
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote