Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I know that temperature fluctuations can cause finrot but we can rule that out because you keep your temp at 80 all the time.
dramaqueen is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #22 
kelly528
Member
 
kelly528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner101 View Post
Yeah, I think I started to treat the fin rot too late.
Dude you need to realise that this has nothing to do with the medication. You have been medicating him for a week. This is because any medicine will not do it's job if you aren't doing yours. Had he been in a clean, warm tank the medicine would have been able to work.

I understand you were unable to provide the right conditions for him when he got sick, but you need to understand the importance of good tank conditions if you want to keep any fish successfully.


Dramaqueen:
Quote:
When I wake up, his temp is 75 and torwards the end of the day, it is 80 degreese.
Taken from the O.P.

LaniBaby: Looking up your thread in just a sec. Watch the board for my reply.

Last edited by kelly528; 11-18-2009 at 05:19 PM.
kelly528 is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Betta Fin Rot Causes Here is an article that should be helpful.
dramaqueen is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
My comment about the fluctuating temperature was meant for LaniBaby.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 11-18-2009 at 05:27 PM.
dramaqueen is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #25 
bettaowner101
New Member
 
bettaowner101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly528 View Post
Dude you need to realise that this has nothing to do with the medication. You have been medicating him for a week. This is because any medicine will not do it's job if you aren't doing yours. Had he been in a clean, warm tank the medicine would have been able to work.

I understand you were unable to provide the right conditions for him when he got sick, but you need to understand the importance of good tank conditions if you want to keep any fish successfully.


Dramaqueen:

Taken from the O.P.

LaniBaby: Looking up your thread in just a sec. Watch the board for my reply.
Thanks for your help and thanks for not getting angry at me like the people on UB. I cleaned his tank yesterday and he got really stressed over that.
bettaowner101 is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #26 
bettaowner101
New Member
 
bettaowner101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Betta Fin Rot Causes Here is an article that should be helpful.
Thanks for the help!
bettaowner101 is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
You're welcome! :)
dramaqueen is offline  
Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #28 
kelly528
Member
 
kelly528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner101 View Post
Thanks for your help and thanks for not getting angry at me like the people on UB. I cleaned his tank yesterday and he got really stressed over that.
When you have a bigger tank it willbe easier to clean with a gravel vacuum, which won't stressyour betta.
kelly528 is offline  
Old 11-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #29 
bettaowner101
New Member
 
bettaowner101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly528 View Post
When you have a bigger tank it willbe easier to clean with a gravel vacuum, which won't stressyour betta.
Yeah hopefully he will still be here on my birthday. He is not improving at all. Everytime my parents see him laying down, they think he is dead but he isn't.
bettaowner101 is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #30 
catappa leaves
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
Hi,

Just want to let you know that I have put-up some very useful information about Betta Fish keeping and caring in my site for everyone to access.

It is titled Aquarium Resources under Category. I have two topic there currently, that is Betta Fish Care and The Aquarium Secret.

Hope it will be useful and helpful to you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner101 View Post
Yeah hopefully he will still be here on my birthday. He is not improving at all. Everytime my parents see him laying down, they think he is dead but he isn't.
catappa leaves is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do i take care of a betta fish 2 of them chantz998 Betta Fish Care 12 08-19-2012 11:05 AM
Betta fish bowl care gmakirk Betta Fish Care 21 08-11-2012 02:40 PM
How NOT to care for a betta Rotten Betta Fish Care 19 07-13-2012 01:53 PM
Diagnosis of betta fish and tank care help (really long, sorry) Oldfishlady Betta Fish Care 13 08-29-2010 05:45 PM
Is My Betta Getting Taken Care Of ? :O FlippyLuckyBubblesAqua1 Betta Fish Care 11 03-09-2010 09:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.