Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #1 
AlexXx

The Future!

Sooooo Im really excited, this is kinda of pointless for anyone to read, but im just going to rant about my future excitements! I am living in a very small room right now in a very gross house full of essentially homeless people. But.... My g/f and i have been tediously apartment shopping for the past few months, after many ups and downs, we have finally gotten our heart set on one! We will be putting in the deposit 2marrow and then moving in Dec. 28th! You know what this means? I will have my very own living room! Ill be getting a 29 Gal for Christmas which is going to become my 2nd sorority, but i will not set it up till far into Feb prob due to moving and organizing and settleing. I wanted to divide my 10 gal for 3 males, but i feel like my 6 females inhabiting it now are much to happy and compatible to mess up... plus i love how the tank is decorated and has come out. The fish associated task i want to accomplish after move in is, ive had this 5 gal my mom found at a garage sale for 3 bux! Its a hex, i think its a marineland. It look likes the one ive seen at stores. Filter and all! So that will be the future home of a Dragon betta whenever i am able to find one. Untill then I will put one of my 3 males in it. I plan on planting it and maybe adding a few cory cats or maybe fancy guppies if they work out with the betta. Next i will be filtering and planting each of my 2 2.5 gallon tanks for my other 2 males. After having my 10 gal planted and cycled.... there is no other way to go! Oh and i forgot to mention, right after i move in, i have a cruise to mexico the next week, FO FREE! haha. I have great friends <3
Any way, next on my agenda after setting up the 29 gal and collecting enough fish to just about stock her up (could take months, i want to get one of nearly ever color! )... i will jump into my next endevour..... Breeding1!! For this, i will need a Dragon male and a Crown tail female... I plan on TRYING to make a Dragon Crowntail strain, i hope <3 This will take place most likely near the end of spring.

Any how, im every excited about my future... well my fish future.. and my college/carreer future.... and my relationship future i guess too! I will be graduating college with my BA in Criminal Justice in Summer! Things are going great! I just hope i can get a job when i graduate. If anyone works in any governmental fields please let me know and help me out!

Ok! Im sure most of you will just skim it but i couldnt help but share!!! :D Thanks for listening!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yayyy that's so exciting! I hope everything works out for you!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats on the new apartment!! Everything sounds great!!! I hope everything goes well for you. Also, congrats on getting your degree in criminal justice. Good luck with everything.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #4 
sandystar

oOo
Good luck and congratulations! Your future is looking great, fishy and career wise. :) Oh and vacation wise too!
sandystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #5 
AlexXx

Oh i had a quick question about Filters and Heaters with the electric bill, do they increase it significantly? Since they are running 25/7?
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #6 
doggyhog

Congrats!!! On everything. LOL

I dunno how much they raise the electric bill, but my mom is always telling me that I have to pay the electric bill because I'm running so many filters, heaters, etc.. LOL
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #7 
charliehasacola

I call a Dragon Crowntail when you succeed!!!!
aha, but congrats.(:
I wish you the best of luck!
I would help you find that job, but I am too young to work for the government at only 15....
lol

♥Charlie.
charliehasacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #8 
Calmwaters

Wow that does sound exciting! Congrats on the apartment and finishing school. Looking forward to seeing your new place and tanks when you get them all set up!
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #9 
ChristinaRoss

life is amazing isnt it? im so happy for you, your future sounds bright and happy, i love hearing people do well!
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #10 
vaygirl

Your post made me smile. Oh, to be young again. Lol! I remember when Steve and I sat for the first night in our first apartment with all our own stuff. It's so nice to see someone else doing it. Have FUN!

No, I don't think the heater and filter is a significant draw. We didn't see any type of increase when we added our tank. Of course, that was just one. But I still don't think it will be a big, noticable draw.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote