Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #1 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Help!!

When I first got Snowflake my pastel dragon delta I realized that he wasn't swimming that much and I thought he was just really stressed. Whenever he went up for air it seemed like he was really trying to swim up and than he'd just float down. So when I woke up today he was face down in the marbles and I thought he was dead. I moved his plant and he started moving so than I was watching him a couple minutes later and he was trying to get under the marbles and I've never had a betta do that. I did a 100% water change, took the marbles out because they were heavy and I didn't want him to get stuck under one, put light rocks in that I bought and put some salt in. When I put him in the temp bowl, I saw that his back fin had a red spot that looked like blood. I don't know what happened to him but it seems like part of his fin is clipped and his back is almost paralyzed. I feel horrible because he's probably in pain. I put the water level down a lot so he doesn't have to struggle to swim up that high to get oxygen. Should I just keep putting salt in or should I add some JFC on top of the salt? I don't know what to do. My sister and dad were like, well if he's going to die, he's going to die.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Never mind, I took him back to the pet store today and the guy said they're going to give him some medicine. This pet store actually cares about their fish so when he told me that I believed him. He started getting stringy stuff around the sore and he could barely move. Just thought I'd give everyone an update since 23 people viewed this thread and didn't bother to help me which kind of makes me mad, but w/e.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #3 
New2Betas

Maybe no one knew the answer? This is the first time I had seen your post.

I'm so sorry about your little guy, did the guy at the pet store say if he would call you if he had any news? Did he seem like he could help Snowflake? Maybe Snowflake was trying to get an old piece of food under a marble and when he got under it, it fell on his poor little back. If that is him in your pic to the right those are some huge marbles.

Please also keep in mind that anyone can view the form even if they are not a member and that would up the number of people that viewed your post. If you look at the main page right now37 members are looking at the forum and 231 guest are also looking.

Last edited by New2Betas; 11-19-2009 at 05:15 PM.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

No, he had a huge red sore on the back of his fin and he was having trouble swimming, his back was paralyzed. When I got up this morning he had like stringy stuff all over it and his fin had light patches like the color was dieing. I don't know, it was really weird. Yeah he said he'll try to save him, but I think that it's something intestinal and he probably won't survive. :(
Old 11-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

This is the first time I saw your post, too. I'm so sorry about Snowflake! It sounds like some kind of infection.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Thanks DQ. Yeah, it looked like he was in pain too :( I felt horrible for him, but he's in great hands now. They love all of their fish and the tanks are always cristal clear.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #7 
9 Bettas

How's snowflake doing now? First time I've seen the thread but have similar problem with the hard time swimming to the top then just dropping down again so interested to know what the pet shop is giving him.
Fingers crossed he'll be OK.
9 Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Sadly he passed away :( I hope your guy gets through it!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Snowflake!! RIP Snowflake.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 AM   #10 
dr2b

I'm sorry, but this was my first time seeing your post too. As mentioned before, people who are guests can view also. But I am sorry about Snowflake...
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote