Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #11 
Elaina

That looks great!
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #12 
ChristinaRoss

i agree, it looks great, lots of hiding spots........well of course, IM voting you divide the 20 for more bettas! LOL
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #13 
Calmwaters

Quote-"I'd read reviews on those tanks saying they were really hard to set up and that you had to keep the water level really high for the filter to work properly. Is that true?"
I jsut set it up and did not have any problem the filter is working the bio-wheel is turning and so far everything is good. I just filled the tank up like I normally do, it is above the black edgeing which is the way I like it.

Thanks everyone for the comments I am really pleased with it and the girls seem to love it.
Cristina I will still have more room for bettas and can always buy more tanks. LOL I had already ordered the peacock gudgeon which I have been wanting for a long time but they are $15.00 a piece at the LFS and this guy that I got the Black Kuli Loaches from had them for $8.00 and the Gourami I have always liked and they were only $3.00 a piece and locally they are about $6.00 I had planned on putting them in the 10 gallon but then was told it would be over stocking which we all know is a bad thing. LOL
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #14 
New2Betas

Very nice! I love tall tanks. Can you clue me in on the pots? Seams like most of you have them.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #15 
ChristinaRoss

new2bettas.........the fish love the simple clay flower pots for hiding in

calmwaters.........itll be YOUR tank, you decide what to do with it........im sure itll look great, ive GOT to come up and see yours one day......

but you know me, i ALWAYS vote for more bettas LOL

u gotta help me decide what to do w my 65 gallon when u come this weekend......more bettas? or more community?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #16 
New2Betas

My little guy never hides in the plant I got him, maybe I should get him a little pot.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #17 
ChristinaRoss

if its only been in there a short time, he might just need a little more time getting used to it......u can get those little pots for around .75 at any hobby shop, home depot, lowes........or even at walmart
Old 11-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #18 
Calmwaters

New2bettas- Thank you. Some of my girls/guys love there pots others prefer the plants just depends on the fish.

Christina I would love for you to come visit maybe when your little boy gets a little bigger he will not mind being in the car for that long and you can come see me and I will show you around Asheville. Wow a 65 gallon there is alot you can do with it. I would probably do a planted community tank just to have something different than bettas but I like variety as much as I like my bettas. LOL
Old 11-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #19 
ChristinaRoss

well it is a planted community right now..........i dunno, u see it on saturday and maybe gimme some ideas...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #20 
Calmwaters

Ok I will see what I can come up with on Saturday. I think it might be neat if you could build your shelves for your betta tanks around the 65 gallon community with the 65 in the middle then you could have the best of both world all in the same spot. But I may get a better idea when I see the space you are working with. LOL

Last edited by Calmwaters; 11-19-2009 at 03:31 PM.