Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #1 
lilyrazen

Smile Getting to know you all...

Since I am pretty new to the Forum, I would like to get to know you and your fish.
Whats your funniest memory with your Betta(s)?
Scariest?
Most Sarcastic?
My Funniest was watch Evander flare at Leander, but Leander never noticed. Then , 10 mins later, I caught Leander flaring at the lights in the top of the tank!
My Scariest was when Evander almost got around the divider!
My fish being sarcastic was me walking up to the tank and telling Evander to give up on flaring at Leander, then he tured to me and did a HUGE full blown flare. Show off.
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #2 
lilyrazen

ok well if you read this please reply!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #3 
New2Betas

I've only had my little guy since Sunday, so no stories yet. I still think its cute how he tries to follow me around the kitchen in his bowl.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #4 
lilyrazen

aww yeah that is cute!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #5 
charliehasacola

I got my little boy Sunday, but he already has plenty of stories.
No time to tell, ATM.
I'll be on later to tell, though.(:
charliehasacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #6 
Romad
TFK Moderator

My funniest has to be the "betta dance" - three of my boys are disco kings at feeding time.

The scariest is when my first buddy developed some weird patch on his head - some kind of bacteria or fungus with a cloudy eye. I'm still battling it. Just when I think it's gone for good, it reappears a week or so later and then I start from scratch with the healing process.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #7 
vaygirl

Funniest? Well, Tango flared at pretty much everything when I first got him. If it moved, he flared at it. Made me laugh. And he's not afraid of anything. You can grab him in a cup, pet him, prod him, he stays right with you. That makes me smile.

Scariest? It wasn't for him. He's been healthy and happy for these 8 months. But when I first got my three cories, I was terrified that he'd hurt them. He bullied them a bit and I was ready to pull him out. He quickly lost interest when they didn't respond but it was a tense 15 minutes.

Sarcastic? Sometimes when it's close to his feeding time I can literally feel him staring at me. I look over and he's at the corner all...... feed me. Just today I had to stop him from chasing one of the cories and as I came towards the tank he shot up all innocent to the top like he wasn't doing anything. Or he wanted to be fed.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Probably my funniest was about Blooper, a betta given to me by a friend who couldn't keep him. He discovered that if he pushed the thermometer against the glass, it would make a clinking sound. He did it about 4 or 5 times but after that, he never did it gsin. My scariest was a few weeks ago, when Morgan jumped out of his cup and almost landed on the floor.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #9 
HopeInHeart

Funniest? Maybe when I tried to put my three females together. At first anyways. It looked like they were trying to hit each other with their tails!

Scariest? Probably when I was borrowing a female betta for a breeding. She was in a cup with one hole in the lid like you get at petstores, and was on a shelf about 4 1/2 feet up from the floor. There is a square hole in my floor to let heat up from downstairs. We found her downstairs on the floor. I think she must have been there awhile, and can only conclude that she somehow jumped out through the hole in her cup, and fell through the hole in the floor to land on the first-story floor. She lived. We called her Lazarus because it seemed like she pretty much rose from the dead. She did die later on, but I don't know if that was the cause.

Sarcastic? Maybe when I thought my little female was a scared little thing, and yet when I put her in with the others she sure showed me that she could be the boss. After that I named her Spitfire.
HopeInHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #10 
Jupiter

Funniest would have to be when I still had my yellow CT, Felix.
I was floating him in a breeding trap in my sorority, and Aigis was crazy in love with him! Everyday she would swim around him and wiggle her tail in a flirty way. LOL. And when he would go and flare at other girls, she would swim up to him in a huff and be like 'what about me?!'

Scariest moment: When Gloria jumped out while I was in the washroom, and i almost stepped on her coming back into the room. Once she also jumped out of the tank and landed on my foot...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote