Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #11 
Ice

Well I have Vanilla Ice. He started as just Ice because he's blue and white and he has ice toys. Then me and my dorky friends decided to name him after the rapper.

And Kipi is a Hawaiian name that means rebel/rebellion. He's a bit feisty, haha. And my room is decorated all beachy so I wanted him to have a tropical sort of name.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #12 
HopeInHeart

Noel and Elijah (dead) were both Bible-themed names, and I wanted to continue the theme but couldn't really find any that fit.
Chip is kind of Bible themed because of a preacher named Chip Ingram, but really the name Chip just fits hims well.
Julius was a suggestion on here for my orange one, and I really liked it because, well, Orange Julius, y'know?

Nova because she is blue cambodian, and I thought a starry-type name fit her.

Spitfire because she showed herself to be a little spitfire.

Aqua was also a suggestion from here and it goes with his color.

Toby was just because I really like that name, and it turned out to fit him well.
HopeInHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol! My preacher's name is Chip!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:58 AM   #14 
misstephaniexxx

Diego... idk. I have a habbit of naming animals spanish names.

my two adfs are jose and poncho

my females dont have names =/
misstephaniexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #15 
BurnishedOchre

Warning: Ramble ahead!

Desmoda: The name originally derived from coming up with the word 'Desodesmata', which I then altered to 'Desmata' then "Desmoda'. What influenced my subconscious name retrieval though is funny and ironic - the week before I got him, we were learning of cell anatomy in Biology class. I guess I had picked up a word while skimming through the book material because someone pointed out to me that 'plasmodesmata' has the same suffix. I looked it up and plasmodesmata are connecting tubules between adjacent plant cells! Talk about subliminal influence! I also found that 'Desmo-' is a prefix meaning 'of or pertaining to ligaments'. So my fish is a very scientific one at that. *chuckles* XD And he does have ligaments somewhere, so I'm not lying about him at all... XP *laughs* I think it's just funny how much biology has gotten to me. ^^
BurnishedOchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #16 
bettabeauty

I bought my two betta fish at the same time (my first ones!)

I decided to name them Atlantis and Titan...after Greek gods of the water! (They also seemed to calm down to Enya that I started playing in the car, so it seemed appropriate.)
bettabeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #17 
lilyrazen

Haha I love twilight! I read the whole series before anyone knew about it. And I was temped to name Jazz Jasper because he was really dark and mysterious, but once i got to know him he was a sweet as can be, just like Jasper. But Jasper was called Jazz a few times in the series right?
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #18 
lilyrazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnishedOchre View Post
Desmoda: The name originally derived from coming up with the word 'Desodesmata', which I then altered to 'Desmata' then "Desmoda'. What influenced my subconscious name retrieval though is funny and ironic - the week before I got him, we were learning of cell anatomy in Biology class. I guess I had picked up a word while skimming through the book material because someone pointed out to me that 'plasmodesmata' has the same suffix. I looked it up and plasmodesmata are connecting tubules between adjacent plant cells! Talk about subliminal influence! I also found that 'Desmo-' is a prefix meaning 'of or pertaining to ligaments'. So my fish is a very scientific one at that. *chuckles* XD And he does have ligaments somewhere, so I'm not lying about him at all... XP *laughs* I think it's just funny how much biology has gotten to me. ^^

My favorite book series, Midnighters, has a main character named Desdemona! Which is really similar! But they call her Dess.
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #19 
ScuitoAmi150

Scuito: named after my favorite character on NCIS (ms abby sciuto...i know i spelt the name wrong) =]

Akahana-Amarilla: I wanted something that sounded beach like so I choose Akahana. But then I was listening to Amarillo Sky and really liked the name Amarillo. but my mom said that Amarillo was a boy name so I should name her Amarilla.

my new boy: I still need a name for him
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #20 
CodeRed

:PP Amarillo is yellow in Spanish ^-^ Nice names, too. I love the older, mythical sounding names xDD
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote