Betta Fish Forum banner

still sick?!

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  ScuitoAmi150 
#1 ·
In case you didn't know my male betta, Scuito, has been weird these past two weeks (might be more).
All he does is sleep on the bottom of the tank. Only coming up for air and food. His fins aren't spread out when he does swim. When he does swim his butt is always lower than his head. Then he goes back to the bottom, butt first.

Him and my female Ami were living in a split tank (I separated them) and these past two or three days she has been similar symptoms in some ways.
She is always sleeping on the top of the water, not as active as she once was (she was not full grown when I bought her in April). She still likes to eat. Her fins are also closed when she swims. But she is not dragging her butt.

I put a little Aquari-Sol as it treats clamped fins and sluggishness. On the last post we agreed that I need to get a heater, but am not able to till christmas when I hopefully get new tanks.

What can I do in the mean time?

#5 ·
Have you tried giving him salt baths? Also, you should probably keep his water a little warmer, like 81 or 82 degrees because this helps speed up the healing process. Since you don't have a heater I would do 50% water changes every day and keep a thermometer in there to keep a tab on the temperature. I hope he gets better!

#9 ·
Great....now it looks like he has fungus....ugh. I don't know if it is just because I took the grill out (so I can syphon it every day) so now he is laying on the tank floor and it getting some poo or food on himself

#10 ·
I was able to get Aquarium Salt so I put that in both Scuito and Ami's tanks. They had some stuff called Fungal Away? I think....something like that, but it was dosed for 10gallon tanks so I didn't want to screw up the dosage.
Either tonight or Friday I will look for fungus remover and something like BettaMax to boost their immune systems.
Sound good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.