Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Do you talk to your fish?
Yup! 33 97.06%
Uh, no? 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #11 
BalthySaurus

I've actually managed to train mine to come when he's called. He likes to hide out in his plants during the day, so I've started calling his name whenever I approach the tank and he swims right up to the surface to greet me. My sister tried it and he swam away though, so I think he's definitely imprinted my voice and my face in his memory as the caregiver. I also ask him his opinion on what I should wear for the day sometimes lol, it's me and him living alone so I talk to him a lot. He's like my little roommate. My non-obnoxious, quiet, perfect little roommate. <3
BalthySaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #12 
cheekysquirrel

We've had Rygel for four days and I talk to him. I say hi, how are you, are you hungry, etc. And just on Monday I was telling him about my corneal transplant and recent rejection episode. He needed to know, because he was upset I wasn't watching him dance. “I can't see you, Ryge. I have one good eye and I'm putting drops in it. See, back in 2012...”
Yes, I may be crazy.
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #13 
maybi

I've actually started reading to my fish, he seems to really like my voice or when I pay attention to him so if I don't feel like creating a conversation I will just read to him haha. and do you guys ever catch your fish like watching tv with you?
maybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #14 
ricepattyfish5

I talk to Iggy all of the time, usually about how he is being way too lazy loafing on his leaf all day, I talk to Squirt to tell him how good he is doing on getting better (he gets all excited and swims really fast for a second at me) and I talk to Michael's Elephant Ear all the time when he starts being a crazy fatty lol!!!! Sometimes I feel like I would rather talk to them than actual people. o_O Our fishes are our lives!!! i thought everyone talks to their fish...
ricepattyfish5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #15 
Polkadot

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybi View Post
and do you guys ever catch your fish like watching tv with you?

I often see mine watching the tv when I play video games,I think they like the bright colours.So cute!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #16 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polkadot View Post
I often see mine watching the tv when I play video games,I think they like the bright colours.So cute!
Yes, same! Two are in immediate view of my TV on my desk and I always catch them looking at it.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #17 
Soph7244

i talk to my little guys all the time! me and Mars get into deep conversations about how he may be a great father one day! lol. i talk to Shadow about him getting better and to stop biting his fins! My parents always look at me like i'm crazy but we don't care!!!! :D
Soph7244 is offline   Reply With Quote