Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #21 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzardqueen View Post
this is kind of off-topic, but it reminds me of some of the comments i get about my adorable puppy, a german shepherd mix
one lady once told me "he looks like he's made of spare parts" and then laughed at him
GRRR
OH my gosh!! That's so mean... ):
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #22 
Calmwaters

Some people are idiots. As for the lady that said your puppy looks like he was made of spare parts I would of said something like Well I just love to have something different than the normal.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #23 
vaygirl

Some lady in Petco the other day asked me if my basset hound was pregnant. I was personally mortified for her. I wanted to cover her ears. She's only 55lbs, which for a basset is svelte!

Bettas are lovely, lovely fish. Personally I like them the most because of their variety in color and personality. There are endless possibilities. Pardon my french but.... eff her!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #24 
doggyhog

Aww I love Bassets!

OK, so today I was at Walmart and there were a few workers standing outside the door on their break, and my dog, he's a service dog so he can go into any public place legally. Heard something and got kinda excited and started pulling on the leash. The guys standing there were making FUN of him! Oh my gosh! He's only 9 1/2 months old!!! GOSH! They were saying how he looked like a silly little french poodle. He is actually a huge standard poodle. One of the guys was like, "Looks like it's his first day of training! Hahaha!"

I just completely ignored them, but it made me reeeally mad..
Old 11-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #25 
vaygirl

Aw! You're doing service dogs? That's awesome. I KNOW how much work it is to get them to behave, especially at the store. All those smells/sights/sounds and they're crazy-like. Heck, I get excited at Walmart. :P

I try to get Molly to be sane but she loves people so much and they love her so much, it's like a circus. I just let it play.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #26 
MidnightAngel

ignore them, they're the sad ones if that's all they can find to do is work at walmart and make fun of a dog
You're dog is cute, I remember him from the other pets post :)
MidnightAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #27 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Aw! You're doing service dogs? That's awesome. I KNOW how much work it is to get them to behave, especially at the store. All those smells/sights/sounds and they're crazy-like. Heck, I get excited at Walmart. :P

I try to get Molly to be sane but she loves people so much and they love her so much, it's like a circus. I just let it play.
Yep!! I train them for their first year then sent them back for more training. :)

He heard a bell and started to get reallllly excited! LOL he's really obsessed with bells. :D
Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

Its hard for a young dog to stay focused on what he's supposed to do! Those guys probably don't know anything about dogs!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #29 
Elaina

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Aww I love Bassets!

OK, so today I was at Walmart and there were a few workers standing outside the door on their break, and my dog, he's a service dog so he can go into any public place legally. Heard something and got kinda excited and started pulling on the leash. The guys standing there were making FUN of him! Oh my gosh! He's only 9 1/2 months old!!! GOSH! They were saying how he looked like a silly little french poodle. He is actually a huge standard poodle. One of the guys was like, "Looks like it's his first day of training! Hahaha!"

I just completely ignored them, but it made me reeeally mad..

Well Walmart isn't exactly the classiest place....
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote