Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #1 
Sally M

Interpreting behavior

I've had Sushi now for two months or so. His tank has been right next to my favorite chair the whole time so we see a lot of each other. He stares at me sometimes on his hammock or in his floating log. Just hangs there and stares, never blinking (OK, so they don't have eyelids...) When I put my finger up, he flees and flares, flares and flees. He comes up for food and plays in the plants and he seems to be doing well. So is he happy or would he be better off at a more distant location!?
Sally M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #2 
SundanceCassidy

Mine are in the living room and about 12 feet away from the couch....recently I've been working on a 1000 piece puzzle of Van Gogh's Starry Night, on a folding table that I put right next to the tank and they absolutely went nuts......they were very helpful. Everytime I sit down to work on it (finally finished it this afternoon) they do all their tricks and act very silly like they do at supper time. I think some of them are happy with the close quarters. Mine certainly are. I am sure there are some the are antisocial/shy that wouldn't like much contact but my two are very social...
SundanceCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote