Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2014, 01:18 AM   #11 
outbreakmagnetta

Also if anyone wouldnt mind telling me or sending me list of stuff like a certain tank that would be great. cause im like. confused if stuff works together.. dont dare ask anyone in petsmart cause most of them dont know what their doing >_<
I wanna buy like a 2-3 gallon tank? And a filter thats safe for bettas? i heard some can be rough on them? but reading through the descriptions it doesnt say if they are or not...
outbreakmagnetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:45 AM   #12 
outbreakmagnetta

Is there something wrong with Grump's fins? His bottom one looks weird. Plus he has a bump under his chin? is that normal to <_<? Lol i got 99 questions i swear
i made 100% sure nothing is snaggable or sharp enough to cut.

Last edited by outbreakmagnetta; 01-07-2014 at 01:53 AM. Reason: to many pics XD
Old 01-07-2014, 01:56 AM   #13 
Aus

That will probably be the fins shredding, from those horrendous spiky plastic plants (fins are really delicate..and bettas love to shove themselves through the plants like little underwater badgers sometimes).

3 gallons is a great size. Dunno if they'll come with a heater, but a good, adjustable mini-heater is a great investment. If you can afford it, get a spare as well! (I just -melted- my spare, onoes! )

Sponge filters are safe, those are what I use, but maybe somebody can recommend a safe, quiet alternative with perhaps an internal pump (external ones can get a bit annoying if they are near your bed).

Silk plants. Those are nice, and won't shred your fishy's fins.

A bottle of Prime dechlorinator.

A gravel vacuum, for water changes, and a plastic bucket or two that's only for use with fish water.

Keep the small bowl as a hospital tank in case of sickness.

A bag of aquarium salt, a box of unscented epsom salts, and a bottle of broad spectrum antibiotic, for just-in-case. Better to have it handy, than not have it when you need it.

Those are my basic 'essentials'.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:59 AM   #14 
outbreakmagnetta

that blue plant is soft as heck XD
its almost plush like. maybe i should take it out just incase.. i thought it was soft enough. >_<!

edit: his bottom fin was like that sense i got him thou.

Edit 2: i toke the blue plant out. will his fins re heal?

Last edited by outbreakmagnetta; 01-07-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:31 AM   #15 
Aus

Ah, sorry - maybe wasn't the plant then? I have found though that even soft spiky-shaped things can tatter a long fin..

Yup, they should heal with just him being in nice clean water if its fin rips. :) And they heal pretty quickly too. My doubletail chewed his whole two long flowy tails off last year, right down to short. And they're all grown back now, just couple months later, no problems at all.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #16 
outbreakmagnetta

Imma change his water tonight. do a 50% than on Sunday do a 100%.

hope his fins heal up soon.