Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #11 
Phoxly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakr959 View Post
Ok for one, Sometimes I feel like the only boy on this site XD , ok and two same, I wish I could buy ALL of the Betta's. Everyone says that those tiny cups are mean but really sometimes the puddles they live in in the wild there is even less water, and 4 of them would be living there, Im not saying that its right but just stating the facts
My grandpa used to see them all the time when he was overseas, but they weren't in puddles like we think. Not tiny mudpuddles in the road, but small ponds about a foot deep to 8-9 feet long. Their ancestors are hardy fish that can literally travel on land up to 10 feet to get to the next puddle, but we have bred them for ornamental purposes and they couldn't stand a chance in a tiny puddle now days with their genetics. :(
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #12 
Jakr959

Oh, wow thos tiny cups are mean! Thanks Phoxly for telling me true facts!
Jakr959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #13 
bettalover2033

VT's are very pretty! They arent given that much credit when it comes to beauty.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #14 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
VT's are very pretty! They arent given that much credit when it comes to beauty.
I agree. I was on a website about Bettas recently, and the said VT were no longer a "desirable" strain. I was thinking, screw that, VT are my favorite! Who cares if their fins are asymmetrical? Oh, and the also said blue iridescence in Red VT was a "flaw". I think it makes them ten times prettier. /rant.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #15 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I agree. I was on a website about Bettas recently, and the said VT were no longer a "desirable" strain. I was thinking, screw that, VT are my favorite! Who cares if their fins are asymmetrical? Oh, and the also said blue iridescence in Red VT was a "flaw". I think it makes them ten times prettier. /rant.
I agree! VT's should be back in the IBC just because they have too many "flaws" doesnt mean you should just kick them out. I think that since there are so many very well experienced breeders, someone should try to perfect them and get them back into the IBC and prove them wrong.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #16 
WolfLinket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakr959 View Post
Ok for one, Sometimes I feel like the only boy on this site XD , ok and two same, I wish I could buy ALL of the Betta's. Everyone says that those tiny cups are mean but really sometimes the puddles they live in in the wild there is even less water, and 4 of them would be living there, Im not saying that its right but just stating the facts
Its fine to be one of the few boys on the site. It doesn't really matter about the gender as long as we all have something in common. :D'

PS- Its coming from a girl.
WolfLinket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #17 
Creat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I think that since there are so many very well experienced breeders, someone should try to perfect them and get them back into the IBC and prove them wrong.
Ditto on the agree-ing. I never had a veil tail but I really want one I think it should be included as a actual breed because they are just "classic" and I bet someone could breed a better veil tail maybe mixing it with a double and having two very long flowing fins.... *dreaming*
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #18 
shinybetta

Actually, they already have double-tail veiltails. Look it up, and you should find one. They are pretty cool, but still not my favorite.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #19 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
Actually, they already have double-tail veiltails. Look it up, and you should find one. They are pretty cool, but still not my favorite.
This is the DT VT right?:

Old 12-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #20 
JaspersANGEL

@ bettalover2033 - yes that is the double tail / veil tail

Reminds me of my little diva fish..Tex, he has a turquoise body and his fins are red with streaks of turquoise or green in them. He would be very beautiful at my grandma's for x-mas, I think of bringing him sometimes..but I know I can't.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote