Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #1 
CodeRed

I'm back o_o;

So... I vanished for awhile. Things've been tough around here, and I just needed to get away. March 3rd was my dad's birthday, which was pretty hard. My brother took the day off of school, and I wanted to, but just couldn't do it. April 4th is the one year anniversary of my dad's death, which is REALLY tough. It doesn't help at all that that's Easter, one of the days that was the special "dad and me" time. Then, this Saturday we're finally burying him, which will probably be the toughest thing since the funeral. Through all of this, we've been fixing up his house, trying to sell it. We had someone seriously consider it, and if they could sell their house they were going to buy it, but their house didn't sell, so we're back to square one. About two weeks ago the trimester ended at school, so finals kept me away then.... I don't get on the computer much these days, usually just to check up on friends and family and to do schoolwork.

Now, onto the fish updates- everyone is still alive, including Vulcan. Everyone seems really lethargic though, and I'm scared that I'm going to lose Deimos any day now. Almost all of the bettas have finrot, despite my attempts to keep everyone going. These days, I've been thinking that I'll probably have to find a new home for a couple, since schoolwork and just plain life have been making it extremely difficult to give them all the care they need. It's all just wearing down on me =/

NOW, last of all, the "Raek" in my signature is still Spitfire, his name has just been changed, since he grew out of his old name (: He's not jumpy anymore, and I actually take him on walks when the weather is nice!

Thanks for reading (:

Edit:
AND! I just realized I probably posted this in the wrong forum T-T. Please don't kill me.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry you've been having such a tough time lately. I figured that the first anniversary of your dad's death was coming up. The first holidays and birthdays are always hard. I was 29 when my dad died and 4 years later I lost my brother. I still miss them a lot. I hope things work out with the sale of your house. I'm glad your fish are ok and that your snake finally settled down.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #3 
CodeRed

Thanks, DQ. I don't know what I would do if I lost my brother. When my dad died, he pulled himself together and stepped in as the "man of the house", and was always there for me when I needed him. Now that's he's in college, he's only become more important to me. He is one of the three people that I love, love, love.
I'm mad at myself a lot, too, lately. I feel like I'm failing my fish, since I just can't seem to find the time to keep them all healthy =/. The minute one gets over fin rot, or SBD, another gets it. I'm not aloud to buy any more medicine for them, since I've bought so much.

Aiii, I just don't know what to do anymore!!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know that there are people here who would adopt your fish if you choose to put them up for adoption.You do whatever you feel you need to do.You're not failing your fish! You've just got a pretty busy life with school and everything.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #5 
xxabc

Hi, nice to meet ya anyways :)

I'm sorry for everything that's going on, but I know you'll pull through, even if it's the first meeting anyways! I know what it's been like, except maybe in a different sense (but that's another story). :)
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:59 AM   #6 
bloo97

sorry about the tough times your having. ) :
Quote:
He's not jumpy anymore, and I actually take him on walks when the weather is nice!
How do you take a betta for a walk?
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #7 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that. :( Don't feel like you're failing your fish! You've had a lot going on and none of it is your fault. Keep your chin high and like DQ said, a lot of people on here would be happy to adopt your fish.

@bloo97, she was talking about her snake.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #8 
vaygirl

I'm sorry things are so tough for you. It will get better. I know that probably doesn't mean much right now. I lost my Dad 10 years ago and I know how hard it is, especially that first anniversary. Everything comes back.

It's good to see you and your little snake buddy. He's so cute. :D I love that he goes on walks!

I agree about your fish. A couple of people have adopted theirs out here. If you feel you need to, you should do it.

*hugs*
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #9 
doggyhog

Glad your back!

So sorry your having a tough time.. :( I can't imagine if I lost my dad or brother. That would be awful.. (((Hugs!)))

If you need to adopt out some fish, I'm sure people here would love to have them!!! (I might be able to take one if you need it. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #10 
nochoramet

I'm sorry you've been going through tough times... don't feel like your failing your fish though, everyone has times where they are really busy and life just gets to be overwhelming... It's not your fault. I hope things start getting better for you *hugs*
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote