Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #1 
PincurlsandPolkadots
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Hi everyone i got my first betta fish a couple of days ago and have a few questions

I got my first betta a couple of days ago his name his Lorcán (which means little fierce one in irish!)and he seems to be settling in his new home well, im feeding him on these
http://www.kingbritish.co.uk/product...od-easy-feeder
but he takes the food in but then spits it out is that normal?, is he just softening it?

he's such a cute fish he's got a ruby red tail and a pink body that shines purple in the light & and he's got his own personality already, when I walk into the room he wiggles his tail and follows me as I walk past his tank!
PincurlsandPolkadots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #2 
eatmice2010
Member
 
eatmice2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Suffolk, Va
That is very cute and good to hear, he sounds amazing if you don't mind you should post some pics so we can see him XD. Im not familiar with that food, but the softening thing could be exactly it.
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #4 
BettaLover1313
Member
 
BettaLover1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois, USA
Welcome to the forum!

With the food, is he just taking it and spitting it out, or does he take it back in again? It's possible that he's not used to the food or he's still getting used to his environment.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #5 
PincurlsandPolkadots
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmice2010 View Post
That is very cute and good to hear, he sounds amazing if you don't mind you should post some pics so we can see him XD. Im not familiar with that food, but the softening thing could be exactly it.
Thanks for replying ill try and post some pics soon.
PincurlsandPolkadots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #6 
PincurlsandPolkadots
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Thankyou!
PincurlsandPolkadots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #7 
PincurlsandPolkadots
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

With the food, is he just taking it and spitting it out, or does he take it back in again? It's possible that he's not used to the food or he's still getting used to his environment.


I was watching him eat this morning and he took the food in, spat it out and then took it back in again.
PincurlsandPolkadots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #8 
BettaLover1313
Member
 
BettaLover1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois, USA
It sounds like he's either softening the pellets as eatmice2010 said or he's still getting used to the pellets. My VT, Merlin, used to do that with his pellets when I first switched him from flakes to pellets. Now he eats them without doing that.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #9 
PincurlsandPolkadots
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
It sounds like he's either softening the pellets as eatmice2010 said or he's still getting used to the pellets. My VT, Merlin, used to do that with his pellets when I first switched him from flakes to pellets. Now he eats them without doing that.
oh good I thought maybe he didn't like it or something, btw do you think those pellets are ok? or should I be feeding food "only" for bettas?
PincurlsandPolkadots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #10 
BettaLover1313
Member
 
BettaLover1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PincurlsandPolkadots View Post
oh good I thought maybe he didn't like it or something, btw do you think those pellets are ok? or should I be feeding food "only" for bettas?
I really can't say since I'm not familiar with that brand of food. Usually what's recommended is Omega One or NFS (think I got the letters in the right order ) pellets. I feed my two boys Omega One Betta Buffet pellets.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just got a betta from walmart six days ago... jodymcdougle Betta Fish Care 15 02-09-2014 06:44 PM
Two New CT Girls From A Couple Of Days ago! Auburn Sakura Betta Pictures 2 05-05-2013 12:49 PM
Where to keep betta for a couple days? BulletToothBoris Betta Fish Care 4 03-25-2013 06:39 PM
Rescue betta 2 days ago, need advice on best treatment for him? Blue Fish Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 9 06-28-2012 07:33 PM
Rescued a betta a couple days ago. placido Betta Fish Care 3 09-28-2011 08:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.