Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #1 
PincurlsandPolkadots

Hi everyone i got my first betta fish a couple of days ago and have a few questions

I got my first betta a couple of days ago his name his Lorcán (which means little fierce one in irish!)and he seems to be settling in his new home well, im feeding him on these
http://www.kingbritish.co.uk/product...od-easy-feeder
but he takes the food in but then spits it out is that normal?, is he just softening it?

he's such a cute fish he's got a ruby red tail and a pink body that shines purple in the light & and he's got his own personality already, when I walk into the room he wiggles his tail and follows me as I walk past his tank!
PincurlsandPolkadots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #2 
eatmice2010

That is very cute and good to hear, he sounds amazing if you don't mind you should post some pics so we can see him XD. Im not familiar with that food, but the softening thing could be exactly it.
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #4 
BettaLover1313

Welcome to the forum!

With the food, is he just taking it and spitting it out, or does he take it back in again? It's possible that he's not used to the food or he's still getting used to his environment.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #5 
PincurlsandPolkadots

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmice2010 View Post
That is very cute and good to hear, he sounds amazing if you don't mind you should post some pics so we can see him XD. Im not familiar with that food, but the softening thing could be exactly it.
Thanks for replying ill try and post some pics soon.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #6 
PincurlsandPolkadots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Thankyou!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #7 
PincurlsandPolkadots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

With the food, is he just taking it and spitting it out, or does he take it back in again? It's possible that he's not used to the food or he's still getting used to his environment.

I was watching him eat this morning and he took the food in, spat it out and then took it back in again.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #8 
BettaLover1313

It sounds like he's either softening the pellets as eatmice2010 said or he's still getting used to the pellets. My VT, Merlin, used to do that with his pellets when I first switched him from flakes to pellets. Now he eats them without doing that.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #9 
PincurlsandPolkadots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
It sounds like he's either softening the pellets as eatmice2010 said or he's still getting used to the pellets. My VT, Merlin, used to do that with his pellets when I first switched him from flakes to pellets. Now he eats them without doing that.
oh good I thought maybe he didn't like it or something, btw do you think those pellets are ok? or should I be feeding food "only" for bettas?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #10 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by PincurlsandPolkadots View Post
oh good I thought maybe he didn't like it or something, btw do you think those pellets are ok? or should I be feeding food "only" for bettas?
I really can't say since I'm not familiar with that brand of food. Usually what's recommended is Omega One or NFS (think I got the letters in the right order ) pellets. I feed my two boys Omega One Betta Buffet pellets.