Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #1 
malibukeri

DIY Filter Baffle for Fluval View - works well and isn't ugly

I've finally gotten around to uploading pictures of Gilbert's tank. It's a 4-gal Fluval View. When we first set it up, the water flowing back into the tank from the filter was too strong. We tried many different ideas for baffles but this one is the best. We use pieces of foam filter inserts, thread heavy fishing line through and tie it to suction cups outside of the tank. They allow the water to trickle through gently, so there's still a tiny bit of surface agitation. The fluval filter cartridges allow quite a bit of charcoal dust through so these baffles catch some of it, which is nice.

Right now they're surrounded by remnants of a bubble nest (I just did a water change), so I hope you can see the baffles clearly enough since they kind of blend in with the bubbles.
Attached Images

malibukeri is offline   Reply With Quote