Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2014, 03:44 AM   #1 
Kali

Smile Great local fish/aquarium stores

So I've seen so many threads about shocking conditions in different stores, and places where bettas aren't being taken care of such as Walmart.

But I haven't seen many posts about places that are great, with knowledgeable staff and cared for fish. Yet they must be out there!!!

So if this exists somewhere else, then mods feel free to move or delete if in the wrong place/duplication, but I tried searching and came up zip.

I figure maybe people could post about great lfs or aquarium stores, wherever you're from.

My motivation from this is that in addition to warning about dodgy stores, we should also be praising and recommending those that get it right!

Last edited by Kali; 01-08-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:50 AM   #2 
Kali

I was inspired to make this because of my lfs. I'm lucky enough to have not only one, but two great lfs in my area (seriously, I could walk to both), but while one is great, the other is incredible.
It's called Bunarong Aquarium and they have a huge range of products and fish. They all look well looked after and they don't keep their bettas in cups. (I had to ask a staff member for help because I couldn't find the 'betta section'. Turns out all their bettas were in big tanks, sometimes with compatible fish). The guys who run it are really knowledgable and will refuse a sale or "down-sale" you if they think it's not what you need, and all of the junior staff will always be honest if they don't know something, and will go get someone else. From reviews I've read of the place, they'll even call the owner on a day off if you have a tricky question.

As for my other lfs, Eva Life Aquarium, I've seen them refuse to sell an axolotl until the buyer brought back a water sample to be tested. Even with other pet shops in the area and the risk of losing a sale completely.

So what about everyone else, any places that deserve rave reviews?
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote