Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #1 
KawaiiRainbowMuffin

Question Is my Betta sick or just growing?

Hello everyone! :) I just have a couple questions about my little guy Sushi who I have had now for 4 months. I am asking more out of curiosity than concern. Anyways I adopted Sushi from Walmart and he was sick with a bacterial infection and fin rot, I eventually nursed him back to health but there are somethings that have not healed. Anyways on to my questions:

My first question is why doesn't Sushi's right pectoral fin heal? He has had a injured pectoral fin ever since I got him and he uses it but it just hangs a little lower and seems like it was injured in the past. Will it ever heal or just stay that way? Does it cause him pain?

Next I am wondering about his dorsal fin, there is a strand that does not connect to his dorsal fin and I just want to know what will happen?

Next question is about his ventral fins. He has some very long ventral fins and halfway down the fin stopped growing and after that it is just the fin ray. It was like this when I got him but it still has not healed. Is it normal? Also near the end of where the fin and ray meet there are small areas where you can see blood and I read somewhere that it is a type of illness?

My final question is about his color. Sushi was brown because of his illness but his true color is a deep lavender like color, however you can only see his beautiful color under a really bright light or flashlight. Other than that he looks deep brown, is that normal? Is it because he is still growing? I want to see his purple all the time not just under a flashlight.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

This is what he looks like under a flashlight, and also those are what his ventral fins look like

This is the piece of dorsal fin I was talking about that does not connect

Last edited by KawaiiRainbowMuffin; 01-08-2014 at 11:04 AM.
KawaiiRainbowMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #2 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Both seem to just be abnormal fin growth. Pectorals don't regrow easily. His pectoral fins may look normal eventually but the dorsal is just an extra growth, neither cause him pain.
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help confused, illness