Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #1 
Cari

On the hunt for a 3 gallon glass tank! Tetra Cube? Pics wanted!

I've been browsing the internet for several hours looking for a nice 3-gallon glass tank, preferably under $50, with SEPARATE filter and light if it comes with those (I don't plan on using them with my current set up, so if they're attached permanently to the tank, that's a no-go.)

I really wanted a hexagonal-shape tank, but the only ones I've found aren't glass, and I've had bad experiences with cleaning those plastic tanks.

So far I like the Tetra Cube, but I can't tell from the picture if the light is detachable or not, and I don't think it's glass. I also liked the Ecoxotic tank, but it only comes in 5 gallons and I just don't have the room for that. Finally I found the JBJ Picotope which is glass and also the right size, but...it has no lid from what I can tell, and I know bettas jump, so I would have to find something suitable for a lid?

If anyone knows any great 3-gallon glass tanks that are close to what I'm looking for, or if you think I can work with these, I'd love some suggestions!
Cari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #2 
Raezy

I have the Tetra Cube and it is not glass...the light does come off though. I like it okay, but I'm probably going to replace the filter with something else eventually.
Raezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #3 
Cari

Thanks for the info, Raezy. Good to know the light comes off. A shame that it's not glass, because that would be amazing :(
Old 01-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #4 
BettaBoy51

its like 25$ on amazon yesterday cause i was looking for heaters and i saw it
BettaBoy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #5 
Sally M

I like my Fluval Spec III. It is 2.6g and has a separate filter and pump compartment and an LED light. Amazon has it for $53.
Sally M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #6 
Cari

Bettaboy, looks like it's at $29 right now, unless it was a different model you saw. But still $29 is a great price.

Sally, are the black rim around the bottom and the filter/pump compartment/LED light all removable? (Would probably be harder to clean if they weren't, so I'm curious)
Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #7 
tlatch89

I would get the fluval spec iii. Although you would have to use the filter and light, it's the point of the tank.

I have the tetra cube with an upgraded light.

tlatch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #8 
Sally M

I don't think they are removable but they are only on the outside and don't seem to need much cleaning.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #9 
Sally M

You could also look into the TruAqua clearance tanks. http://www.truaqua.com/clearance.html
They have a 4.2g for $45 and some heaters on clearance also. I have the 6.6 and the 14g and they are very nice tanks.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #10 
Cari

I will have to think about it. I'm planning on using natural lighting, because one room in my house is perfect for it: sun-lit area but no direct sunlight, blinds always open during the day, and lights are rarely used at night so there would be no disruptions. So if the light isn't removable it just doesn't make sense for me to buy that tank. BUT, it's still on my list of possibilities since it comes so highly recommended.