Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #1 
maybi

Funny fish stories

If your fish has done anything silly or something ridiculous has happened with your fish and etc feel free to share!

Today my brother came into my room and started making fun of me for having a fish. He kept saying fish were so stupid over and over again. Chucks tank roof was off ( I like interacting with him with the roof off) and he pointed his finger at Chuck, my fish, and Chuck arched his back and jumped out of the water trying to bit his finger. My brother got so startled and scared, he's scared of fish touching him. He was like "did you see that what just happened?" I'm glad i trained Chuck to jump for his food :)
maybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #2 
KafkaDream

BAHA! That's awesome!
Ok so my betta is probably the sassiest one ever, keep that in mind...My boyfriend was over while I was feeding my betta, So I was sitting on the floor by my tank (Its on a low coffee table type thing in the corner of my room) dropping pellets in. I let him drop one in thinking my betta wouldn't notice but he sure did! First he flared at it, attacked it, chewed it and spit it out! I laughed for a good 10 minutes
KafkaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #3 
maybi

Aww! Sassy fish are so charming
Old 01-09-2014, 05:45 AM   #4 
Polkadot

A while ago I accidently startled Piglet and he did a crazy fast swim all over the tank and then made a big splash,I couldn't see him at first & then saw that he was laying on top of his filter completely out of the water! He looked like he was in a trance.I quickly opened his lid and gently pushed the filter right under the water so he could swim off.Argh! He scared me! But afterwards I couldn't stop laughing about it as he looked so funny just sitting there like that.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #5 
KafkaDream

Aww XD when I first got Calisto he would hide in the corner of his tank where the sponge filter is as well as the heater. When I would come over to him to feed or just to socialize he would run back behind the sponge filters pipe, look out at me and charge. He did this multiple times a day. The first time he did I was sitting on the short side of my 5.5 gal. and saw him swimming very rapidly. I couldn't help but laugh because he's got one of the dopey betta faces and he just looked so determined to get me!
KafkaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #6 
nikitalovebetta

my pretty girl always searches for food when anyone no matter who goes and stands beside her tank...she always looks up :) even when she has just eaten a good full meal :)
nikitalovebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #7 
BettaMom6

Well, our new betta has recently begun eating and when I checked on him this morning, I commented that (yay!) I could see a bit of fish poo. Immediately, all of my kids rushed over, nearly falling over themselves saying "I want to see the fish poo!" "Let ME see the fish poo!"

Talk about easy entertainment! :D
BettaMom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #8 
maybi

Haha speaking of betta fish poop, my fish was constipated when i first got him and one day i look at his tank and this huge blob the size of the fish's head was on his leaf hammock, it was crazy so of coarse is showed everyone!
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #9 
TheTrojanBetta

Penelope loves to play during water changes, circling my hand and swimming through my fingers. A couple of water changes ago, she was circling like normal when suddenly her demeanor changed, and I knew what she was going to do right before she did it. She lunged forward super quick and bit me! She must have been thinking about doing that for months. I like to call her my little shark now.
Penelope is a pretty funny fish in general, she loves to stare at my roommate and when I'm gone in the morning she swims over to watch her sleep. Creeps her out every time, when she wakes up to find Penelope stock still and with her eyes fixated on her, especially considering that Penelope usually never stops moving when there are people in the room. I find it quite funny, can't help being proud of her for this. :) She takes after me for sure.
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #10 
maybi

when betta fish stare at you they just seem so focused its strange!

Last edited by maybi; 01-09-2014 at 09:02 PM.