Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #11 
InfiniteGlory

alright, I figured out to dose kanaplex after reading the discussion forum on seachem's website. Info can be found here

Now back to the issue at hand. He has been eating his pellets and today he ate some frozen blood worms that were enhanced with garlic guard and some kanaplex. I also started treating his QT with kanaplex. so we will see how he progresses with the kanaplex before I try another medication if needed.

Now for the pictures. Hopefully they show what LBF is looking for. If not then I will try again. I used our regular digital camera set on macro and made sure I had good lighting. Guess I need more practice.

This is the one picture I have that shows the red spot right in middle of his side.

InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #12 
LittleBlueFishlets

Sorry... haven't been online much lately.....

I'm glad you got the Kanaplex dosing worked out.

How is he doing today? Any better? Hopefully, after 2 days in the Kanaplex, he's starting to improve.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #13 
InfiniteGlory

he ate some more blood worms and pellets today but he is still on his side. He is not completely horizontal laying down, more like leaning on his fin. Also I just checked and he decided to go lay in his floating log rather than next to the heater pad.

I will be doing a WC tomorrow for his second dose. So we will take this one day at a time.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:32 AM   #14 
LittleBlueFishlets

Yes, taking it one day at a time is about all anyone can do.... Keep us updated!
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #15 
InfiniteGlory

well, the only improvement I have seen is that the spot in his side is no longer red. Other then that he still lays on his side and doesn't want to really move. when he swims to the surface he struggles a little to get up there. I guess it may have some to do with his short fins and weakened state. He is in 0.5 gallons of water and about 6 inches deep. I have some pictures from 1/13 when I did his WC and second dose of KanaPlex.

If you look closely you can see where the red spot has gone away. I attached the first pic for a comparison

Here are two pictures of him in his cup above my head. I happened to notice a red line running the perimeter of his body where his fins meet his body. I am hoping that it is natural and nothing to be worried about.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #16 
eatmice2010

Have you put any thing in the cup to increase his slime coat
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:21 PM   #17 
InfiniteGlory

no, the cup he was in is just for the WC. I used stress coat plus for the first few days while on a Epsom salt treatment and waiting for the KanaPlex. I Switched back over to Prime when I started the KanaPlex treatment.

Should I switch back over to the SC+ or do you have other recommendations.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #18 
InfiniteGlory

not much to report. I did take some pictures right after his WC and third dose of KanaPlex.

He was probably a little stressed since I just did a WC about 5 minutes before the picture was taken.

Also his poo looks fine.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:37 AM   #19 
Aus

Ah, yes, I could see the red sore.. he obviously has a horrible bacterial infection, poor fella. Hopefully, he can come back from being this far gone, sometimes they really do bounce back like nothing ever happened. Fingers crossed!
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #20 
InfiniteGlory

well, if the KanaPlex does not work then I am on to the Jungle Fungus Clear or API Tetracycline. Anyone have other medicines or combo's I should try?

I am going to stick with one at a time since I am not sure how the interactions would be. so I will err on the side of caution unless someone has had some experience with combining two medicines at once.