Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #1 
Clarke

Cool 2 New Tanks - 2 New Bettas - Christmas Gift for friend....

BACKSTORY:

So I've been wanting a new betta for myself, but I needed a new tank. So yesterday I bought a 2.5g tank filter, gravel and all for $20 off craigslist! I went betta shopping but didn't see any takers.

My parent's best friend's son, he's 12, he was with me when I bought my tank. He really wants a betta since I already have one. Then I remembered a 5g tank, filter, everything, on craigslist, PLUS a betta, for $30. I asked his parents what they thought of him getting a pet fish for Christmas and they said they were fine with it. So I bought the 5g tank today and it came with a red/black/blue crowntail which the kid will love (it's the exact species/color he wanted).

And while I was at Petco I fell in love with this Delta tail. He's pure white and has transparent fins - but they glow BLUE in certain lighting. I'll let the pics below speak for themselves. First up is the red crowntail for the kid:

Now for my betta... This girl I know wants to name him Twister (??) Any ideas?

See, white and see-thru except when.....

.....except for when his fins glow blue:

Man do I love bettas... Here's all my tanks now, a 2.5g, a 5g and my old 10g community. I think I'm going to give the kid the 2.5g.

And of course my ol' mutt veiltail betta Phin, who I still love the most:

What do you guys think? I'm very happy with my new betta and I think the kid is going to love his Christmas present!
Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #2 
CodeRed

It looks great! I love your new DT :D And because I'm a bad person, I would definitely keep the 5 gallon for myself ;x :P The CT looks very pretty :D I'm sure the kid'll love him.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #3 
Clarke

Thanks!!

Forgot to mention, I was having a mental war in Petco between this orangeish/red Halfmoon, or my white Deltatail. I decided I could live without the halfmoon but I would always regret not getting the white deltatail so he was the clear choice! So happy I got him
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Both bettas are beautiful! That is so nice of you to give the kid a betta and tank for Christmas.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #5 
AngelicScars

The DT is pretty! I love the tanks!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #6 
SaylorKennedy

Bettas make great presents. My cousin was so happy when he got home and found his new betta in his bedroom that I gave him. :)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #7 
Elaina

Both of your bettas are gorgeous, I really like you're new cellophane!
I don't know if it's just the pics or what, but that crowntail's belly looks really big...?

Last edited by Elaina; 11-29-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Elaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #8 
doggyhog

Awesome!!!!!!!

I love that delta tail!!! He is exactly like my double tail, except a delta! :D

I'd defiantly keep the 5g too.... Hehe. You could divide it if you like too. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #9 
AlexXx

WOW great shots! amazing deals on craigslist! lemme know if u see any more! haha

I love love love the new one you got and your old one! Do you have any more shots of him1? hes incredible! So unique!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #10 
Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
Bettas make great presents. My cousin was so happy when he got home and found his new betta in his bedroom that I gave him. :)
That's a good idea. I'll see if I can't break into the kid's house Christmas Eve and set up his tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaina View Post
Both of your bettas are gorgeous, I really like you're new cellophane!
I don't know if it's just the pics or what, but that crowntail's belly looks really big...?
Yeah, it is big. I don't know what's up with it. I noticed that yesterday too. I know the betta was kept in this 5g tank before, but the tank was crazy dirty and I could tell where the water level was to (he had about 1g of water in a 5g tank). So I don't know what kind of conditions the previous owner had him in. He has a full 5g tank of clean water right now and I'm going to feed him a little less. I think he just might be constipated.

But the fish is happy as can be. He hasn't even been in his tank a full 24 hours and I came home today to find a bubble nest. He's flaring and swimming and exploring everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Awesome!!!!!!!

I love that delta tail!!! He is exactly like my double tail, except a delta! :D

I'd defiantly keep the 5g too.... Hehe. You could divide it if you like too. :)
Oh no, bad thoughts... So I can get another betta you say? You're not helping this addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexXx View Post
WOW great shots! amazing deals on craigslist! lemme know if u see any more! haha

I love love love the new one you got and your old one! Do you have any more shots of him1? hes incredible! So unique!
I'm sure you'll be able to find more, just search on CL. Don't be afraid to email the people and if they have it for $30, say $20.

And yes, I do. He's a veil tail but he has such a cool color combination. I was going to try and take more pictures later, but here's some old pictures He looks a little more vibrant and has longer fins now.

And when the flash is on...

And for everyone else that commented, thanks for looking! Now comes the tricky part of trying to hide a 5g tank from the kid for a month... He's already seen the 2.5g. He doesn't know it's for him. He won't suspect it.