Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2009, 05:16 AM   #1 
Grimmjow

Tank dimensions

Ok so im looking to buy something like a 50g tank, problem is that charts online say it should be 36 7/8 L x 19 W x 19 5/8 H but the ones i saw at petsmart today were only 12 wide. I think they either got the labeling wrong and marked a 55 as a 50 or its a 50 long, if there is one.
Is there some reliable place i can go, maybe some website, that has a pretty good selection of tanks? or should i just go pet store hopping?
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

there are ALOT of different tank sizes...........a typical 55 gallon is 48 long 12 wide and 20 high......but its typically 52 gallons that it holds..........they all vary

id suggest shopping around and find a tank that will go well with what kind of fish you want

whaT kind do u want?
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:21 AM   #3 
Grimmjow

Maybe ill just go with a 75 to be easy, right now the plan is fire belly newts and prolly some cloud minnows (i think) since i heard they do well in colder waters and their babies would be like free newt food. But i would also like to make a heavily planted tank and the fish wouldnt even matter cause plants are one of my favorite things and i already have a 46, 20, 15, and 3g tanks.

I need the most floor space for the newts to roam so hight really doesnt matter just width.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote