Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Question Opinions on this 20 gal long setup?

So I'm thinking for Christmas or for my birthday of getting a 20 gallon long tank with hood and lights. Then divide it multiple ways for all my male bettas. This was I could get rid of three tanks (or just get more bettas) haha. So how many times do you think I should divide it? I don't really think it would be kind to divide it so 10 bettas have 2 gallons each... I have 5 males that would be put in the new tank, plus I'd like room for a few more :) haha so what do you guys think on that? Also I would put my 5 gallon filter on one end, and a smaller filter hooked up to an air pump on the other end. Then probably 2-3 heaters throughout the tank. How does this plan sound? Thanks so much!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #2 
lilyrazen

Nice! I'd go maybe 6 or7 MAX. but that's me, and it would be really cool! Good luckk!
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #3 
Synthisis

You dont need 2 filters... Just run the normal filter and a water jet. It'll keep the water flowing better through the tank which you really do need on a divided tank.

Also think how you would divide it.

Are you going to be able to see all sides of the tank? Or if you divided it long ways are the guys in the back going to get no attention.

Honestly I would divide it into 3 seperate areas. 6-7 Areas they are going to be long and narrow and you wont see anything but a divider most of the time.
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #4 
puppyrjjkm

thanks, i was going to divide it front to back i guess is how I would explain it, so i would be able to see everyone.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #5 
ChristinaRoss

i would have it divided into 8..........and use clear dividers, they look like the fish are swimming together, and yes they can get attention too........im doing that to 2 20 gallon long tanks that i have

also, you wouldnt need 2-3 heaters, just one rated for a 20 gallon tank will do it.

if u divide into 8 that would mean one long piece 30" dividing the middle.........and then smaller dividers into 8 compartments. that would mean 2.5 gallons each, and a space the size of 7.5" x 6" x 12"
thats enough room for a betta
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #6 
puppyrjjkm

thanks!