Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #91 
DragonFish

Ahh, I see.....well I can't see all the babies too well, I usually only catch a few at a time, but not all of them that I see have the little pink bellies.....I've actually got the egg boiling now though, so I'll feed that for lunch and see how it goes ;)

How exciting! :D I look forward to hearing about your fry as well and how they do :)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #92 
Lethbridge

i found the fry to be super small, alot of mine have fallen to the ground like yours and the male just cant keep up with it all. but they are still alive from what i can tell. How many do you estimate that you have? I know that egg yoke is very high in protein and this helps the fry develop. But the pink bellies is a good sign
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #93 
DragonFish

Yeah, poor Wally had his hands full! xD Seems to be doing alright though now that hes removed, his color has returned and hes eating like a little pig :P

Goodness...I couldn't even begin to estimate how many I might have I've tried counting, and theres just so many little places they could hide that I'll see this many one minute, then less the next, then more the next.... and they move REALLY fast when they want to.....I'll probably have to wait until they get a little bigger before I can count them properly enough to even get a good estimate!

Yes, I was pleased to see the pink bellies! :) I'm just happy things are going so well! I just fed a bit of egg yoke and I saw a few swimming through the little cloud, so hopefully at least some of them ate a little!
Old 12-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #94 
Lethbridge

well thats good sometimes they can get depressed but its good he is eating. Ya i guess it is a little hard to estimate them, but at one week old they will be significantly bigger than they are now which should make things easier. how did you add the egg yoke to the tank? Did you use a spray bottle or just drop it in? http://z7.invisionfree.com/BettaBree...?showtopic=133 try this web site it will show you a good way to feed egg yoke
Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #95 
DragonFish

Yeah, I'd read that the male can get depressed sometimes after you take him out....and I was a little worried because he was such an attentive father, but hes doing wonderfully. Hes color has darkened again and hes flaring at me and his reflection...though oddly not so much at his new neighbor, Smore :P Thats a good thing though! xD

Ahh, thank you so much for the link! I'll definitely go read that over....what I did was mix a bit with some tank water to make sure it was all nice and mushed up before pouring it into the tank :)
Old 12-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #96 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think Wally did a great job and he'll be just fine. You did a great job, too! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #97 
Lethbridge

Well at least the recover is good, he is now a proud father! But every betta is different some my get depressed and others may not. ya it is a very useful link and it will let you know exact amount of water ect so you can get it perfect without harming your betta fry.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #98 
DragonFish

Aww, thanks DQ! :)

Yeah, thats definitely an awesome link! I've bookmarked it for future reference, may not be able to use that method this time 'round though, but I may later on ;) Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #99 
Lethbridge

Well i have never tried it either but my fry should be free swimming when i get home so ill let you know how it goes and if it works because i want to see if they will eat it if not i have brine shrimp that will do just fine
Old 12-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #100 
DragonFish

Alright, cool, thanks! :D I'm still feeding BBS as well as a bit of Egg yoke, most of them seem to be eating the BBS, I see LOTS of little pink bellies a little while after feedings ;)