Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #401 
doggyhog

There are SO many colors!!!!!!! Very many unique ones in there!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #402 
FancyFins

Wow... love the colors. Great job :)
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #403 
CodeRed

I loveee the clearish one in the cup (:

This one :

CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #404 
DragonFish

Haha, wow, thanks guys! xD Yes, I love my little rainbow....its always so fun to watch them :) Adn they're such little bettas too now....I can tell most of them apart,and they each have cute little personality developing xD

CR, his colors are a bit faded....the cups are at room temp, which is about a steady 70...colder then I would like, but as warm as I can get. So the ones in the cups don't really display their full colors so much...^^;
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #405 
dman

hi!! it took me an hour to go through all the pages haha :D
i have a couple of questions though, can you give me a guide on what you fed yours
during 1st, 2nd, 3rd...etc
the ice cube egg yolk thing would be good for about a week right?
after that BBS?
how often was your water changes?
and how many made it to survive?

Last edited by dman; 02-11-2010 at 08:38 PM.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #406 
DragonFish

Haha, wow! And hour! I haven't back-tracked in a while, this thing is really getting long xD

Actually, I'm probably the last person you want to be asking about breeding advice.....My success is pretty much pure beginners luck So, take my advice based on my experience with a grain of salt....

I didn't use the ice-cube method, I plan to in the future however. Though yes, you can use that for the first week I believe, though I used BBS from the beginning along with egg yoke. I wouldn't recommend this however for a first-time spawner, instead try and get some live plants and/or culture infusoria as food for the first few days then introduce Microworms/Vinegar eels/BBS. You can try the egg yoke as a first food, though be careful, your fry may not take to it.

I didn't change the water as much as a should have, though you should change it several times per week at the very least. Some say start after two weeks, some say after a few days.....I waited 2 weeks before the first water change, though I wish I would have started after a few days now.
Currently I change the water every day.

About 80 made it until I started have trouble with the ones I've jarred, currently its dwindled down to about 60-something, though I can't tell you exact numbers because I still can't count the ones in the tank ^^;

Hopefully I answered all your question....but, again, I advise that you do more research and not do what I did...I made a lot of mistakes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #407 
CodeRed

Aww, I still like him/her though :P So small...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #408 
dramaqueen
Banned

DragonFish, I don't think it was just beginner's luck. You did your research and you've done very well with this spawn. Give yourself some credit. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #409 
DragonFish

lol CR xD Yes, they're all still so adorable and small <3 I think they should be bigger though....that worries me a little :/
But, anyway I have a couple that really are a pastel multi-color...one of them I've singled out as one of my favs of the batch xD I'll try to get good pictures of them...

Awww, thank you DQ <33 Yes, I did do quite the amount of research....though there are a lot of things I would have done differently and a lot of things that I know I did wrong, it really is a miracle so many made it ^^; xDDD
Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #410 
dman

i appreciate the information :)) i've been doing my research lately as well, and i have no problems sooo far, except for BBS, still can't find some where i live, i talked to a couple of the petshop owners, they said they can get me some, but it would be very expensive haha soo, i'm looking for alternatives. A breeder from Malaysia told me that if i bred them in a pond/cement pond, full of water plants and sunlight, i wouldn't have to feed them.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote