Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #531 
Zenandra
Banned

Im pretty sure Angels aren't recommended because they'll nip bettas fins, but im not positive
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #532 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenandra View Post
I demand pictures! So I can pick out a baby boy!
Lol, well today I'm working on adding some of my larger females to the Sorority so I'll be getting pictures a little later on for ya! xDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthequalslies View Post
lol ya boyfriends have a way of getting ur undevided attention =} thats good he's actually interested in what your doing my boyfriend dosent think the fish hobby keeps me busy enough and i told him well thats why i need more fish =P,,,alphonse is beautiful btw

can you keep angels and bettas together? i've been wanting one cuz their so darn cute but i wasnt sure if it would do to well with my girls
Lol, indeed xDD I'm very lucky, he LOVES my fish, hes totally into them, and he thinks its cute when I talk to them ;) <3
Haha, I'll stop, I'm sure I'm annoying you guys ^^;

Anyway, yeah, its not recommended to keep Angels with bettas. They can get REALLY mean. In my 50 gallon I do have a single adult Angel with my girls, but I've had this Angel for over a year and I know him VERY well. I'd never try a male with him and I know he'll eat any fish he can fit in his mouth, so I have to be careful when adding my babies. I also watch him very closely. But, I wouldn't recommend keeping angels with bettas.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #533 
CodeRed

Glad to see they're all growing up (: A little late, but I'm sorry about Apollo. It must be really nice to have a boyfriend who actually likes the fish!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #534 
DragonFish

Aww, thanks CR-hugs- ^-^
Yup, they're growing big and its just about selling time!! xD I just added most of my females into the 50, waiting for things to settle and then it'll be picture time!
Haha, yeah, its pretty cool. Hes getting really into it and is really curious about fish keeping, its really nice xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #535 
truthequalslies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Lol, well today I'm working on adding some of my larger females to the Sorority so I'll be getting pictures a little later on for ya! xDD

Lol, indeed xDD I'm very lucky, he LOVES my fish, hes totally into them, and he thinks its cute when I talk to them ;) <3
Haha, I'll stop, I'm sure I'm annoying you guys ^^;

Anyway, yeah, its not recommended to keep Angels with bettas. They can get REALLY mean. In my 50 gallon I do have a single adult Angel with my girls, but I've had this Angel for over a year and I know him VERY well. I'd never try a male with him and I know he'll eat any fish he can fit in his mouth, so I have to be careful when adding my babies. I also watch him very closely. But, I wouldn't recommend keeping angels with bettas.

lol he sounds like a keeper lol

ic i've only had an angel once (that i remember) it was a fairly small one i was unsure of it because they tend to snack off other fish but it was nice
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #536 
Zenandra
Banned

*Twiddles Thumbs* Still waiting for pictures! hehe
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #537 
breannakristine

This makes me want to get some females and breed XD

I would have no idea what to do with the babies though because I don't know if petsmart would buy them off me haha
breannakristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #538 
dramaqueen
Banned

I doubt that Petsmart would.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #539 
crownie

I just looked through this whole thread and looked at all of your beautiful babies! They are all so cute! and it was really fun to watch the progression of their size and colors. Can't to see how they are looking now!
And I'm sorry for those that you lost :( but all in all your first batch seems really successful!
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #540 
Starbright

Omgosh I just went through 54 pages of this @.@ -so dizzy-

Your babies are adorable!! It was a treat seeing them grow!! :D You totally got me back in to breeding! It's been a while since my 4 female guppies had a boy (: I'm too busy to breed bettas atm >.<

My heart skipped a few beats when I saw some of your bettas! Keep updating! I can't wait to see how they'll turn out!
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote