Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #1 
Islandgaliam

Will she get bigger?

I just found this lil gal and am thinking about getting her. She is 3 months now. I was wondering if anyone knows if she will get much bigger? How old are bettas when they are full grown? She is going to go in a 2.5 gallon tank.

Islandgaliam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #2 
Seki

It's really hard to tell how big she is from that picture. Do you have a size estimate from the breeder?

If she is only 3 months, she will get a bit bigger still. I think 3 months is just the tip of the iceberg because (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that's about when they reach sexual maturity. So she'll probably grow to about 1.5"-2" (not including fins). She would be just fine in a 2.5 gallon as long as it is heated and water changes are performed regularly.

Pretty girl!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #3 
Islandgaliam

ty for the info. I have the male (the one in my avatar pic) in the tank now, and he got bigger so he is getting a 4 gallon. I just want to make sure she won't outgrow the tank.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #4 
Seki

She'll definitely be fine in a 2.5 gallon. I actually keep males in 2.5 gallons (I have three in them now lol) and they are fine and dandy.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #5 
Islandgaliam

Mine seems fine in his...but not quite like the one in his 8 gallon and I just had to get another tank anyway...I got one more outlet left...then I will still be able to connect a power strip and have room for another...just in case...lol
Old 04-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #6 
Seki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgaliam View Post
Mine seems fine in his...but not quite like the one in his 8 gallon and I just had to get another tank anyway...I got one more outlet left...then I will still be able to connect a power strip and have room for another...just in case...lol
Ohhh, it's an addiction hahaha. I started with one... then I thought one more wouldn't hurt... I'm currently sitting at 13. o_O
Old 04-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #7 
Islandgaliam

I could get rid of the couch and the lamp lol.

I started with an 8 gallon with guppies..then I got a 2.5 gallon when I saw Marshawn...then I had to rescue one and of course he needed a tank so I got another 2.5. When I found Bubblo, the guppies went to a friend with a 35 gallon tank and Bubblo got the 8 gallon. Marshawn has grown so much, I just ordered him a 4 gallon, which means I will have an empty 2.5 gallon; therefore, I found a cute lil yellow gal on Aquabid and if she is still there when I get Marshawns new tank ready for him, I will get her! I just informed landlord today of 4th tank and she said ok as long as I can stilll pay the rent!