Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #1 
Jupiter

Hello!

Sorry I haven't been on for a while! I'm swamped with last-minute essays, since my exams start next week! My laptop wasn't working for a while, either...

But good news, I now have a job! At Laura. Working at the same mall as BakaMandy, coincidentally...which means I can get more fish.

Well, to update, everyone is doing well. I will shamefully admit to not cleaning the tank for a week and a half while I was busy...Renard kept throwing me pitiful looks, it was horrid.

Against my better judgement, i've bought 2 more bettas. The second one I just bought today, actually. I got off work early and decided to pop into the petstore in the mall. He had such a grouchy face, he's really cute. His fins aren't in very good shape, but he's pure white with a bit of a green sheen to him. I think he will end up looking like Doggyhog's Pax, though.

I bought what I thought was a female last week from Petsmart. Short fins for a male (but long fins for a female), stress stripes, and a very noticable ovipositor. Well, turns out it's a he, and i think he might have dropsy. When I went to pick him up (I had him reserved), he was slightly pine-coney and bloated. He's still like that, no change. But he's active, flares at the girls/new guy, has vibrant colours (he's blue with orange in his fins), eats well. So we will see what happens with him...

With him, I also bought 3 ghost shrimp. Cutest things ever! All 3 are still alive (I came close to sucking one up today when I was doing a W/C). The largest one is pretty big, about the same size as Circe. The other two are small, but seem to have avoided my girls. They followed them around and nipped a bit when i first added them, but I never realized how quickly ghost shrimp can jump! So they are fine...

Next week, when I get payed, I'm going out and buying the two guys nice 3 gallon tank I saw at the petstore today. It seemed like a pretty good deal, comparing to the other tanks i have seen.

How has everyone been while I was gone? any exciting news? How many bettas does Christina have now? Lol.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #2 
AlexXx

Hahah glad your makin money now! i think christinas got like 74? LOL... ive had 3 deaths :( 1 last one is sick, but getting better :D (all sorority related). ughhh what else... there is a member picture thread going on, thats cool! And... the new betta contest is posted! go vote! :)
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I lost Blue Bonnet a couple weeks ago. I got 2 more, a male and a female. Welcome back!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #4 
ChristinaRoss

um..........lol..........yes im up to 73 now muah hahahahahahah

glad to see your back, i hope the lil guy makes it..........and i just LOVE the shrimp too
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #5 
Jupiter

Sorry to hear about your losses AlexXx and Dramaqueen! Hope your girl feels better!

Lol Christina, that is crazy! In a good way, of course. You're my betta role model.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Welcome back! I think I had 11 fish when you were here last and now I'm up to 19.lol I've lost 2 dragons, but my other one is doing great!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #7 
Jupiter

Oh no! Metallica? I'm so sorry.
But congrats on your new fish.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah :( I tried everything to save him, but he passed over night.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #9 
Jupiter

That's so sad, he was so pretty. RIP. :(
Old 12-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #10 
ChristinaRoss

aw, thanks jupiter
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote