Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Some tank suggestions?

My two nameless bettas are in breeding traps right now. Next week I should be getting my first paycheck, and I want to spoil them!

I have enough room to squeeze maybe a 3 gallon by Renard's tank, but the other tank will have to be smaller, I'll be putting it somewhere on my desk. I think it will have to be about 1.5-2 gallons.

Here are two tanks that I've liked, but price is a bit of an issue.

One is a 3 gallon tank that comes with a filter, gravel, two plants, some little hidey-hole type decorations, and probably a few of those water treatment/food sample type things for $44. I think it was by Petcetera.

The other one is a 1.5 gallon that is pretty cheap. I know, 1.5 gallons isn't the best. It comes with a filter, plant, and the water/food samples. The price is only $24 at Walmart, which is what got me. I think it was by Tetra.

Those are the cheapest options I've found. There are very nice 3/5 gallon kits at Petsmart, but they are majorly expensive, almost twice the price of these tanks.

Considering the 2 gallon tanks by themselves, with a hood, filter, or heater is about $18, it doesn't really seem worth it imo. Critter Keepers are about $5 dollars cheaper, I think, but in the end I will still have to buy a heater, filter, decorations, etc.

I hate how kits don't come with heaters! It's a major pain...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should buy? Please bear in mind that I can't order anything online, and I don't have a Petco where I live.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #2 
lavallin

Have you checked craigslist?
lavallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #3 
Jupiter

Ah yes, forgot to mention that. The problem with Cragislist is not only are the tanks too big, but most of them are very far out of town and difficult to go pick up.

There was a 5 gallon tank with everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) for $30, which is amazing, but I have no room for it anymore. The tanks must be 3 gallons or less.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote