Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #51 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I hear ya! I just lost my best friend of 5 years. She ended up screwing me over and I'm still really upset about it. We were like sisters...Oh well, I just have to keep thinking that things happen for a reason. Thankfully I still have my best friend of 9 years! You think when you graduate out of high school you're still going to be best friends with the same people, but then they go away to college and they become a stranger. A lot of people change and I hate that.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #52 
dramaqueen
Banned

It would be nice to stay friends with the people you were friends with in high school and college but things change. It's very rare if you do stay friends with people you went to school with.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #53 
HopeInHeart

That's sad. I always thought I'd be close friends with people, but sometimes people grow apart. And my friends always grow up, but I believe I will always have a child-like personality, (I'm not mentally ill, just very naive and, well, child like I guess. ) so my friends that are younger than me seem to be more grown up. I do have one friend with the same kind of personality, though, and she's kind of related to me so that's fun.
HopeInHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #54 
ChristinaRoss

yikes bettaxfishxcrazy, thats terrible, but, unfortunately a part of life.

i have one friend for 19 years now, thank god
and my exsisinlaw is still my closest friend , she cant stand her brother any more than i can lol

anyhoo, its nice to be able to talk with everyone on here and develope friendships, even though its thru computer i value it as if it were in person, i love yall!

lol did i just say yall? ive been living in south carolina too long
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #55 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've always been friends with people who were older than me. My neighborhood is full of old people. It's not a retirement community but there aren't too many of us younger ones here and the few who are are into their careers and pretty much stay to themselves. I had someone tell me that no one wants to be around someone they don't have anything in common with but how do you know if you have something in common with someone or not if you don't talk to them??
Old 12-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #56 
ChristinaRoss

ya really dramaqueen, neighborhoods arent like they were when i was kid
Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #57 
Calmwaters

I agree I have lived lots of places and moved several times and the only time I ever had any of my neighbors knock on my door was when I moved to Nashville into some apartments and when we were moveing in a couple that lived upstairs helped us unload and move in our stuff. Needless to say they became good friends and we had lots of summer time cook outs together. We still keep in touch with them by email even though we have moved back to NC. But as far as high school friends I have no idea were any of them are these days.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #58 
goldyboy

I've always wanted a wombat. I came back from Aussie with a stuffy of one (named Wally, respectively...the airport staff were very entertained putting him through the luggage x-ray and even gave him an Aussie flag bandana) but he just ain't cutting it. :P

I'm moving to N.Z next November, so I can always fly to Oz and get my fix I suppose. Oh and see family...that too of course. ha!
goldyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #59 
ChristinaRoss

very cool goldyboy!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #60 
dramaqueen
Banned

When we lived in Germany on the base where my dad was stationed, we used to have cookouts in the summer all the time with our neighbors. My Mom still keeps in touch with some of them.