Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #1 

Unhappy what should i do about this fish?

Okay sorrry that this is going to be such a long post i just dont know what i shoulld do..

so the store i work at has this female betta that got returned by a customer because it fought with the other betta she had.. my guess was that she bought one of those tiny betta kits and thought that two would go well in there. but anyways so her fins are all torn up and she looks so sad. she is back in one of those little cups and is in the back room. I dont think that she is being treated properly or even fed right.

Now i would probably be allowed to take her home for free but i dont want to put her in my aquarium with my other fish even with a divider. So the best i would be able to give her would be a bowl.. not heated. but its still better then what she has now right? So im wondering, do you guys think i should take her home? i feel so bad for her! I am kinda new to caring for bettas so i would probably need a littttle help from you guys on how to get her feeeling better! but i know i could probably give her better then what she has now. What do you think?
82028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

i myself would take her if they gave her to me.........at least with some better care and attention shes got a shot. add a dose of melafix for the fins and a touch of salt too........try to keep her near something warm, or the warmest room in your housse
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #3 
sunkissedinCA

i think you should give it a shot. if they are willing to give it to you, and you're willing to take care of it as best as you can, it's better than it being neglected there just like you said. be sure to update us and let us know if you pick her up!
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #4 
AlexXx

Id take her in a second!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #5 

i think im going to do it! i work again this sunday so if the managers there i am going to offer to take her, im sure they wont have a problem with it tho. I'll post some pictures of her when i get her and maybe you guys can help me out a bit on what she needs to get better! :)
Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you're going to take her. Now she'll have a chance to get better and live a happier life.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #7 
Jupiter

Good luck! But if she doesn't have a heater, try to find a way to keep her as warm as possible.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #8 

Just to let you guys know, I brought her home today! I will post pictures soon :)
Old 12-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you got her!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote