Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #1 
bettababe321

What to do?

I have a dilema, I am leaving in a week to go home for Christmas break and I'm not sure what to do with Neptune and Captain (currently in the divided 10 gallon). Kokomo is not really an issue because his 5 gallon hexagon tank is pretty light and easy to move but the 10 gallon is really heavy!!! So I would rather not have to move the 10 gallon tank. I have a couple 1 gallon critter keepers that I transport and keep them in when they come home with me for the weekends, but I hate to leave them in that small of a tank for so long, plus I have no way to heat it and my parents house is freezing! Any suggestions on how to heat critter keepers? or maybe some other ideas of what I could do with them without having to buy another tank.
Thanks so much!!
bettababe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #2 
BettaKeeper

This heater Hydor Mini Aquarium Heater at PETCO is small enough for the critter keepers ( I have one in my 3 gallon). And they're about 15$ each, which I think is better than letting them freeze.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
BettaKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #3 
bettababe321

I have one of those in my five gallon and it works well but is it ok to use in the 1 gallon critter keepers?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #4 
ChristinaRoss

i have one of those in a 2 gallon kritterkeeper and it only raises the temp 4 degrees, so if its typically 68 in the house it would now be 72 which isnt optimal but at least better. and maybe keep it in the warmest room in the house would help too
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #5 
BettaKeeper

I agree with ChristinaRoss. Just try and get them as warm as you can. Using the heaters in a 1 gallon should be fine.
BettaKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #6 
bettababe321

Thanks for the advice! I think I may try to find a cheap 5 gallon on craigslist and then divide it and use the heater I have in the ten gallon now. Then I could just leave it at home with my parents and I wouldnt have to worry about trying to move the 10 gallon back and forth.