Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #1 
goldyboy

Gonna Be A Long Day

Woke up at three this morning because despite my heat being at 30 it was cold. I lept out of bed before even really being awake and tested Goldy's water...yep, cold. And the poor lil guy was on the bottom of the tank looking not so happy. :( (I mean, he always looks a little disgruntled but this unhappy was different.)

So I put his tank under my big bedside lamp, (it's bolted to the wall and low to the ground so I couldn't have put it where he initially was before or he'd have been fair game for 4 year old hands) I sat on the floor with his tank on my lap and a blanket around us until the water softened back up. LOL It was a sad sight I must admit.

He seemed in better spirits and I nodded off for 30 mins with him there. Woke up to this little face looking at me like 'You're weird.'

In the next few days I'm gonna get a small aquarium, but I have to wait until payday. So I guess Goldz and I will be having some long nights. Stupid winter.

*yawn*
goldyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

aw thats so sweet!
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #3 
goldyboy

Heh, thanks Christina! He perked right up after and has been darting around the bowl since. Tonight I'll try him with a heating pad under the bowl, see if that helps. If not, looks like we're having another slumber party. ;)
Old 12-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #4 
New2Betas

Water and heating pads do no mix! Also, heating pads get too hot and could warm up the water too much. Try placing his bowl closer to the heater. Bathrooms are also warmer then other rooms in in the house.
New2Betas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #5 
goldyboy

The problem is all of my heaters are beneath my windows and with the winter temperatures as they are atm the chill from the closed windows still knocks the heat down.

I was gonna try the heating pad on medium heat or a little less just for a few minutes but I'll refrian from that if you think it's best. Thanks for the input!

Slumber party it is.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #6 
Jupiter

Aw! That's pretty sweet. I bet he'll like his new home when you get it for him.

You mean 30 celsius or farenheit? because isn't 30 degrees farenheight the freezing level?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #7 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
32 to be precice, but we had a blizzard and a snow day today, yay! all of my bettas are doing fine!
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote