Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #1 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Exclamation self cycling tank, and other news

can tanks self cycle? Lync's one gallon bowl is staying really clean, the others however have this crap in sheets on the surface (nothing big, but just irritating) right after cleaning, Lync on the other hand stays clean. how is this I am not over or under feeding him(or the others). this is a good thing, but just thought I'd ask

he is my oldest betta, I've had him since aug. 10.

he has a great bubblenest made.

also the weather has caught up to us here in WI. we are under a blizzard warning (I don't think its its a warning anymore ) school has already closed the night before school (tonight) and it is really cold out. Cobalt is in a real heated place the living room. the others are in a rather cold place (my room) but they are fine. I can't upgrade untill after X-mas. what should I do
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Having live plants will help your tank cycle faster, I think.
Wow, a blizzard!!! If it gets too cold in your room, try to move them to the warmest place in the house. I hope you don't lose your electricity! I got shipping heat packs for my fish in case my power goes out.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #3 
Jupiter

We're supposed to have a snow storm tomorrow too, I didn't even consider having a power outage. Good luck, k stiles.
I'd wrap a towel or a blanket or aluminum to insulate them.

I have something similar. M.A.C's 2.5 gallon tank is always really clean looking, even though it doesn't have a filter, while Renard's 5 gallon tank gets dirty really quickly! It's weird, considering that Renard is smaller than M.A.C and in a bigger tank.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #4 
SaylorKennedy

Grr. You're lucky. All the schools around us are closed today, but we still have to go. When I woke up my street wasn't even plowed. -_-
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #5 
ChristinaRoss

well it wont cycle if your doing 100% water changes ...........
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with Christina.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #7 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Talking

Hmm, how is this then I always do 100% water changes for everyone. also what is wierd is akiro and cobalt's tank are crystal clear too. We already got like one foot of snow, and I got to sleep in (much needed). SRy for being the braggart
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

A little extra sleep never hurt anyone. lol Wow, a whole foot of snow! I remember walking to school in Colorado when the snow was that deep.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #9 
ChristinaRoss

i cant think of why that is kstiles, but i have 2 of my 16 smaller tanks tat do the same thing...........get cloudy.......and nothing is different with them. no clue here, sorry

yay for the snow! for YOU! i dont look forward to it myself, lol, nice to see but i dont wanna deal with it all winter, im a florida baby here, haha so i get best of both worlds here in south carolina, but, no hurricanes where i am, NICE! change of pace
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #10 
Jupiter

Same k stiles. M.A.C's tank is always clear, except for a little poop when I clean the gravel. Renard's gets so cloudy, though! I think I'll need to change his water more often.

Lol. I love snowstorms, though usually schools are still open here...since snowstorms happen all the time. I finished my classes yesterday though, today is a studybreak for me. Exams start tomorrow...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote