Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #1 
shannonpwns

Looking for affordable thermostat

Anyone have any suggestions on a good, but affordable, thermostat? I need to get a new one, mine doesn't seem to be working properly any more... I don't want to spend a ton on a new one, and I'm getting a headache shuffling through all the pages on eBay and amazon. So, any suggestions?

Btw, it's to be used with Zoo Med Repti Heat Cable to heat betta jars.

Last edited by shannonpwns; 01-21-2014 at 04:32 PM.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #2 
almes2014

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm using this in my 3gal. I hid it under the gravel and ran the cable beside the filter -- it's nearly invisible. The temp cannot be adjusted manually. It keeps my water temp around 80F in a small 68F apartment. It once went a bit high to 84F, so I unplugged it for a few hours...ever since I did that, the heater seemed to stabilize between 76 - 80F. Would recommend. :)
almes2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:27 AM   #3 
Kali

Thermostat or heater? A thermostat is the component of a heater that allows it to regulate/control temperature, however doesn't actually emit heat itself. Considering the vast array of heaters on the market for low prices, it would probably be cheaper and easier to replace the whole heater rather than change the thermostat.

Unless you are after a thermometer, in which case a suction cap thermo should only cost a couple of bucks.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #4 
shannonpwns

A thermostat for heating my juvie rack. Not a heater. :P

I think I've found one I wanna get though, someone recommended the zilla thermostat to me on fb. Thanks though!
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote