Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2009, 06:17 AM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've never read anything about it but I would think you would feed them up to the time you releasr them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #12 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
you continue to feed them untill you let the female out, once she has done her job, remove her, and feed her in her first tank she had before breeding. don't feed the male untill he is out of the spawning tank, becaues he might get greedy and eat the eggs. Thus runing everything ):

really hope this helps, and don't worry everyone is super helpfull around here and will give you great advice. Heck they saved a lot of betta's lives around here trust me.
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #13 
rubyfire

Hey thanks :)
Update:
Went shopping yesterday and got a hurricane glass chimney,(so Athena doesnt have to be in a lil cup wen introduced),a snail for cleanup after the fry are free swimming(named it mist), a brine shrimp hatchery, and some airline tubing to syfen out the tank.

Reintroduced Athena last night at around 8 then turned the lights out. Turned the lights back on this smornin and Ares started to try and bite his way through the glass(but thats wat he did before so not to worried). No bubble nest as of yet, but he took a day last time to start on one so we"ll see.
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #14 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
great, Good luck!!!
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #15 
Lethbridge

hope it all works out for you
Lethbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #16 
rubyfire

OK its clear that Ares isnt going to make a bubble nest.

solution 1-switch Ares with Ceasar and leave Athena in tank(of course she would be behind the hurricane glass chimney)

solution 2-switch Ares with Ceasar and remove Athena and introduce her to Ceasar tomorrow morrning(or i could wait longer if anyone absolutely thinks i should)

Side Note-Riot is finally flareing again. Hes been such a wimp since Venus decided she was going to fight dirty with him wen i tried to spawn them.(before Ares and Athena)Venus is just a show girl now and is living in a 10 gal with some female guppies and 3 diferent tetras.

Thanks for the support guys and keep the advice coming!!! lol :p
Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #17 
Lethbridge

well i would just switch the males out but leave the female in her chimney. My one male decided to eat the eggs when my female and him started to spawn so i swaped him out with another male, while the female was still out of the chimney and they spawned about 5 minutes later without harming the female so i would give it a try and see what happens
Old 12-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #18 
rubyfire

quick question- Should i keep the light on if i switch them tonight? Or should i wait till tomorrow morning to switch them?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #19 
Lethbridge

This is a personal thing. I like to leave the lights on if both the male and female are present in the tank and i leave them on till the fry are old enough to be moved to a different living quarters. But since you are changing the male and i think you should turn all the lights off and then change the male thus when you turn the lights on tomorrow it will be like they were both added at the same time and the male will not be overly aggressive towards the female
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #20 
rubyfire

thanks will do and never would of thought of it that way :)