Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #1 
fishyinpa

Unhappy I am officially done with Bettas...Fishy 2 RIP

Just lost Fishy 2. As with everyone else no idea what was wrong. But now I am sad to say, I am done with bettas. Thats like um 16 bettas in 6-7 months?? Just not right. Im an awful betta owner. Sorry to have bugged you guys. I dunno if i can hang around this part of the forum anymore. Well for awhile at least. I may pop in the catfish forum eventually. Thanks to everyone for your support in all of this. Good luck with your bettas.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Again, I am so sorry for your loss... for all your losses. I'm at a loss for words. I wish there was something we could have done to help you figure out what was going on. You have never "bugged" us. We are here to support you through the good times and the bad. I hope you won't leave the forum altogether. I wish you the best of luck with all your other fish and all your furry pets, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #3 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Again, I am so sorry for your loss... for all your losses. I'm at a loss for words. I wish there was something we could have done to help you figure out what was going on. You have never "bugged" us. We are here to support you through the good times and the bad. I hope you won't leave the forum altogether. I wish you the best of luck with all your other fish and all your furry pets, too.
Yes, I agree with everything drama has said. Heck, your pandas bred and had babies, not many of us could have acheived that with any success! Were all your bettas purchased from the same source? Just a thought...

You are a valued member and I don't think you should bail!
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #4 
fishyinpa

TY guys.
Aunt Kymmie, may have been the same distributor or something? I dunno. They came from petco,petsmart,my lfs and a pet store at the mall. Several different petcos and petsmarts,but prolly doesnt make a difference.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #5 
bettaowner101

I am sorry for all your losses. I lost my betta yesterday #5. I am going to get some Molly fish and some Male Guppies. Bettas are still my favorite fish but, I am just taking some time away from them.

Last edited by bettaowner101; 12-10-2009 at 09:16 PM.
bettaowner101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I lost my little Blue Bonnet a few weeks ago. I have no idea what killed her. I'm so sorry for everyone's losses.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #7 
CodeRed

I'm sorry for the loss ): You've been a valuable, contributing member to the forum, there to help out when in a pinch. You may think you were a terrible owner, but the truth is is that you gave those bettas something that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Half, if not 3/4s of the bettas who get homes are thrown into vases, bowls, or just left in their cups. You, on the other hand, have given them tanks, friends, and love without restraint. You tried everything you could, and while you may have seemingly "failed", you truly did not. Remember that you will always be welcome on this forum if you decide to come back. Maybe someday if you move you can try again, and maybe this time you'll have much better chances. It seems to me as if there was something in the water or with their genetics that killed them, not you. Heck, all of your fish that aren't bettas are doing well, so I highly doubt you killed them. (: You tried your hardest. Come back in for a hello or two sometime, okay? It's always nice to see old faces :D
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #8 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Oh no.... :( :(

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that. I don't blame you for feeling like you don't want more bettas (at least for now). I lost my first guy a few weeks ago and that was awful so I can't imagine what it's like for you. Hang in there. I wish we all could have figured out what happened.

I've been scratching my head about what killed my guy bc there were no symptoms that matched the common diseases. When I broke down his tank, I rinsed off his cave ornament and the damn paint came flaking off of it. So maybe something leeched into the water.

Could it possibly be something like that for the fish you lost too? These decorations are supposed to be safe but after my experience, it seems obvious to me that the chain stores just buy this crap up and we unknowingly put these things in our tanks and kill our fish.

I'm not 100% sure that's what happened to me but since my fish don't talk, i'll never really know.

Again, i'm so sorry you went through all of that.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #9 
ChristinaRoss

oh no im so sorry, i hope youll still come in to the forum
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #10 
vaygirl

I'm so sorry about Fishy #2. You know that you didn't do anything to cause this. Whatever was doing this to the fish, it was out of your hands. You should stick around. Your experience might help others and their fish. Again, I'm so sorry. I wish there'd been an answer.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote