Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2014, 02:34 AM   #1 
bettacrazygirl86

Lots of equipment for sale!

I recently got a leopard gecko, and his home is looking a little bare. He'd like some things to climb on, but I need money first. :) So, I decided to sell some of my old aquarium stuff that I don't think I'll be using.

Also, I live in New Jersey. I'm in the Deptford area, in southern NJ. Most of the supplies would be too pricey to ship, so I'd prefer to sell locally, unless I say otherwise (there will be a * next to the things I will be willing to ship. I accept PayPal).

I will keep you guys posted on what gets bought and what else I find that I can sell. :)

Send me a message and we can negotiate prices. :)

I have...

2 Three Gallon Kritter Keepers w/ lids (w/ a cut out for a heater cord)
Ten Gallon Aquarium w/ hood (choice of regular or LED) and filter
2 Gallon Glass Jar w/ lid
1 Gallon bowl
2 100watt Aqueon heaters
Tetra 5-15 gallon heater
Approximately 20 gallons worth of natural colored gravel
2 Petsmart brand tank dividers (fits most 10 gallon aquariums)*
Several DIY tank dividers (fits standard 10 gallon aquariums)*
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #2 
LugiaChan

Tetra 5-15 gallon heater

Is the tetra heater adjustable?
Also would you take $10 (shipped) for a tank divider to Michigan (40445)? Not syre if I want DIY or the other brand, maybe if I can find pictures of each to choose from?
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #3 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaChan View Post
Tetra 5-15 gallon heater

Is the tetra heater adjustable?
Also would you take $10 (shipped) for a tank divider to Michigan (40445)? Not syre if I want DIY or the other brand, maybe if I can find pictures of each to choose from?
It's a preset heater. Bought it from Walmart. It's preset to heat to 78, but it actually heats to about 76, unless my thermometer lies. However, I can't ship heaters. Our post office won't allow it.

I bought the Petsmart ones for $10each, and I was hoping for $5 each, plus shipping. If shipping is $5 or less, I'll be willing to sell them to you for $10. I haven't had the chance to go to the post office to see how much they would be to ship, so I'm not sure on pricing yet.

The petsmart dividers should be on their website if you want to look them up. I have the original boxes and everything.

The DIY ones are made out of craft mesh and I used binder cover edge slips to hold it upright. Both dividers are meant for 10 gallon tanks.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #4 
frankiefire

How much for the tetra heater and where are you in nj? Nevermind, read right over your location in the original post.

Last edited by frankiefire; 01-30-2014 at 04:12 PM.
frankiefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #5 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiefire View Post
How much for the tetra heater and where are you in nj? Nevermind, read right over your location in the original post.
I was hoping for about $7 for it. I bought it for $14. Where in NJ are you? If you're up north near Lawrenceville/Princeton, I might be up that way in a week or two.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #6 
frankiefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettacrazygirl86 View Post
I was hoping for about $7 for it. I bought it for $14. Where in NJ are you? If you're up north near Lawrenceville/Princeton, I might be up that way in a week or two.
I'm actually right by Metlife Stadium. That's still a bit far for a $7 heater but thanks anyway.
frankiefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:04 PM   #7 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiefire View Post
I'm actually right by Metlife Stadium. That's still a bit far for a $7 heater but thanks anyway.
Aww. :( I just looked it up to see how far it was, since I'm going to be up north this weekend, but that's still an hour away from where I'll be.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #8 
LugiaChan

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettacrazygirl86 View Post

I bought the Petsmart ones for $10each, and I was hoping for $5 each, plus shipping. If shipping is $5 or less, I'll be willing to sell them to you for $10. I haven't had the chance to go to the post office to see how much they would be to ship, so I'm not sure on pricing yet.
Mmm kay I made a DIY one but the fish constantly saw each other and were stressing eachother out all day, I even had two layers sewn together as best I could and they always were looking at each other and flaring.

Is the petsmart one likely not going to cause that same problem? I hope someone here knows.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #9 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaChan View Post
Mmm kay I made a DIY one but the fish constantly saw each other and were stressing eachother out all day, I even had two layers sewn together as best I could and they always were looking at each other and flaring.

Is the petsmart one likely not going to cause that same problem? I hope someone here knows.
The petsmart one is more clear than craft mesh, which is what I used for my DIY ones. The petsmart ones also don't have as much water flow, but they look really nice and they fit in the tank better than the DIY ones I made. You could try blocking their sight lines with plants or something, that way they won't flare at each other so much. My roommate's betta and mine always flared at each other when they noticed the other was there, but we used plants to try to block their view of each other.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 AM   #10 
bettacrazygirl86

The 10 gallon (LED hood), all three heaters, and the two Petsmart dividers are spoken for!

I'm adding a 5 gallon w/ screen lid and an additional 10 gallon (regular hood) to the list. :)