Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #1 
kingb

should i remove the filter from my tank????

i have a 2.5 gal aqueon mini bow tank for my betta and was wondering if i should remove or keep the filter and just change the water weekly. basically because 1. my bettas tail got stuck to the side of the filter, nothing lethal, he got unstuck right away no damege and 2. when i feed him some of the food gets stuck to the side of the filter also making it impossible for him to eat and i have to unplug the filter just to let the pellets loose. any ideas or suggestion??? thanks!!!
kingb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

It sounds like the filters a little too strong. I would put something over it or you could take it out. I don't use any of my filters on my mini bowls, but if you don't have a filter you're going to have to clean out the tank twice a week 100%. So if you have the time to clean it twice a week than you can take the filter out, but if you don't, than you can just put something over the filter.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #3 
kelly528

BettaxFishxCrazy said it. You can tie a piece of pantyhose around the intake if you prefer.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote