Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #1 
dramaqueen
Banned

Meijers again

Ok, so I went to Meijers again and complained about the tiny amount of water that the bettas are in. This time I took one of the bettas to the customer service department. The lady there was sympathetic and called another lady that worked in the fish department. The lady from the fish department wasn't very happy and said she wasn't the one in charge. The other lady in customer service told her that she could still add more water to the bettas' containers. The other lady said she guessed she could. I told both of them that bettas can't live in an inch or inch and a half of water. These cups have a tube in the middle and the woman said the tube can't be covered because the fish wouldn't be able to get air. I said that they could but I'm not sure after thinking about it. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. These cups aren't like the ones at Petsmart with little holes in the lid. They have a tube that goes down into the cup. Would the opening in the tube , which is the size of a straw give them enough air? I just worry that I told them the wrong thing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Good for you for standing up! I'm not sure about the tube, I've seen them before and I just hoped it gave them enough air.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #3 
CodeRed

I think they could, as I've seen them at my local Meijers as well, and they've been fine... seemingly. I didn't go back and check if they were still alive, though =/
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope they'll be ok if the tube was covered. Thanks guys for reassuring me. lol I don't want to give the wrong info.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

No problem! :)
Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

It was funny, there were about 4 or 5 people behind me, listening to me talk about bettas and the problem with the cups not being filled with water. lol
Old 12-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #7 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Lol. You should've brought in a speaker phone and announced it to the whole store. I'm sure that would quickly change the problem if they didn't want to lose business.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #8 
ChristinaRoss

i know what cups your referring to, i myself wouldnt have the water higher than the tube, the tube is allowing air into the cup, i think the water needs to be just below the tube.

i hate those cups, they get even less water
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thats wasted space to make those cups bigger but only fill them up halfway. My Mom told me I should have asked for the manager.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #10 
doggyhog

Could they just get a pair of scissors and cut most of the tube off? I'd take a few minutes, but I'd mean they could put more water in for the poor little guys.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote